International Antenna Company (IAC) Has Permanently Closed

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by NS3L, Oct 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As a long term IAC customer and owner of a few of their great antennas, particularly a very well made and great performing full size Inverted-L for 160M, I was sad to see this on their site yesterday..

Per the web page... https://www.iacantennas.com/

"International Antenna Company (IAC) Has Permanently Closed

International Antenna Corporation (IAC) started in 1992 to provide amateur operators with high quality efficient HF wire antennas.

Since that time, IAC has designed variations of our flag ship product the Double Bazooka to include Half Sloper, Inverted L, Shorty, Dual Band and Phased Array antennas— all with the same high quality of materials and workmanship. The most important part of our business has always been customer service.

Over the past 27 years God has blessed us and our company.

Now, due to health challenges we have decided to close the company.

It has been our pleasure to serve the ham radio community.

We want to say thank you to our many customers over the years.

—Jeanna and David."

Both my wife Sharon and I personally wish them both god speed..!!!

Steve & Sharon Nordahl NS3L & N3SET
    Nazareth, Pa.

2. KD1GA

KD1GA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is disappointing news they made a great product and had excellent
    customer service.

3. KK4XO

KK4XO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm just seeing this as well.....
    It’s truly sad to see another company shut down due to age/health issues.
    Their 160m Shorty Inverted L/Double Bazooka antenna has allowed me to work DX on the band from a restricted space QTH - something I've been unable to do with other wire antenna models. I just worked JA on 160m using their fine product which radiates at a much lower angle than my previous 80m Doublet configured as a 160m Tee by twisting the ladder line ends together.
    Maybe someone else will license their products and begin reproducing their great wire antenna lines again – it’s probably too much to hope for though.
    Best wishes and best of luck to Jeanna and David.
    Bill, KK4XO near Columbia, SC

4. W3ICM

W3ICM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W3ICM

W3ICM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bill,

I'm curious about the
    160m Shorty Inverted L/Double Bazooka. Can you please provide some info so I can build one. Tnx, Fred, W3ICM

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Id suggest you first read up various excellent reviews of the Double Bazooka by known antenna experts.

Carl

NH7RO and K2XT like this.
  7. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good suggestion, Carl. Start with the outstanding expose' by Walt Maxwell in Ham Radio Magazine where he completely debunked every absurd claim made for the bazooka, EXCEPT in all fairness he DID say it may have some small broadbanding benefit on 160 meters. Very small.

NH7RO, KM1H and ND6M like this.
  8. KB0BK

KB0BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am sad to see that IAC has closed. I have pretty much gone with Double Bazooka antennas for 160m, 75m and 40m for more than 30 years - first building my own, then using a couple of commercial versions. I found the IAC antennas were the only ones that held up to wind and snow. My 'bazookas' are 'tree based' where wind can be a real problem especially with the center connections. A few years ago I had the main tree (center support) blow down. The ropes supporting the end broke, but the center support/connector did no come apart and the wires were still intact (in the tree, on the ground) - very tough!! I have always had good success with 'bazookas' even though I have read a lot of well written reviews of Double Bazookas saying there is nothing special about them.

I agree with KK4XO and hope someone will be able to bring the same QUALITY antennas back to the amateur market.

Sorry to see Jeanna and Dave having to close the business. I wish them the best in a difficult time.

9. K9RCM

K9RCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used s 20m and 40m IAC antenna for over 10 years and their double bazooka is the best antenna I e.ver had. I don’t know what the “experts” say about them and quite often debunkers are just bunk. The proof is in the use. If they work well then the numbers or number user must be wrong.