Intermittent tx in SignaLink USB

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KB1REQ, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB1REQ

KB1REQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have recently started operating digital With a SignaLink USB interface, and I am having intermittent transmit issues. At times when I am transmitting the transmit light on the interface with shutoff and the radio will unkey, also my program, D.M. v4 will freeze up and I have to use task manager to end the program. I suspected that it was RF getting into the interface's circuitry. I changed out my antenna from a ground loop to a dipole which seemed to help but there are still times when it acts this way. Are their any other ways to isolate it from the radio or stray RF, also does anyone have any other explanations as to why this might be occurring.

2. KC5GB

KC5GB Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the problem using DM and SignalinkUSB. 'Jittering' transmit and short term freeze ups.
    Changed software and never had the problem again.
    I had many lock up es other gremlins with DM 780. And no it wasn't my computer, hi.

3. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have not experienced too many issues with my SignaLink USB and DM780. I have been using this set up since the fall of 2007.

I suspect you may still be getting some RF into the CPU system. I doubt it is software related. As I said I have not encountered too many problems with HRD/DM780 in the past.

Ground out your radio, etc to a good ground and see if this helps. Put some RF chokes on the USB cable that goes to your CPU and see if that helps.

As I said, don't fault the software, 1000's of us are using it with great success.

4. AB1ND

AB1ND XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the intermittent transmit problem as well.

In DM780 select Program options then QSO. Under the "General" tab find the "Transmit Data Buffer". This was initially set to 500ms. I upped it to 750ms and that cured the transmit issues.

I don't have the RF problem so I can't comment on that, but try the above for the transmit problem.

Steve (AB1ND)

5. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That should work, although mine has been set at 500ms since I started using the software.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.