Interesting BoatAnchor Auction

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by WA2CWA, Nov 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW!
    I just stumbled across this boatanchor auction of W1YG's stuff.
    Lots of Collins stuff. I saw a high bid of $3 for a Collins 75A4 receiver :)
    He had 5 Collins KW-1 transmitters.
    I think I saw in the text about 280 items.

https://aarauctions.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=5089

K7TRF likes this.
  2. SWIFTEDDY

SWIFTEDDY QRZ Member

Quite a collection. Very impressive.

Sad to view someones toy collection accumulated over a life time being sold off in an auction.

3. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lot #224 looks interesting. A Bencher Mercury paddle mixed in with a few bugs and a hand key. Looks a little rough but workable.

4. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

AAR would be a lot smarter if they offered a third party pallet shipping company to potential bidders. Used to deliver pieces to folks who can't show up in person to pick up their items they might have won in the auctions. Some nice Collins pieces and the old AM/CW big Xmtrs will probably be sold for peanuts, as these units are truly 700 lb Elephants in the room.

5. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked through that auction a couple times and saw a few things I'd like to bid on but the lack of shipping and no weekend pickup has me on pause. It's about a 3 hour drive for me to get there and probably 3+ hours back depending on traffic. Would need to take a day off of work too.

I wonder if there is anyone in the NJ area bidding and picking up that I could piggy back on........ hmmm

Tom
    W3TA

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

All I can say is I sure hope a ham outbids "CB Guy" on the Henry 3K amplifier :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

Attached Files:

PU2OZT, AC0OB, WC5P and 1 other person like this.
  7. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, that's a pretty insane collection of gear. I I lived out that way I'd bid on a few of those.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of this stuff end up in online sales over the next year or so at much higher prices from someone who has the storage space and a good shipping account for the heavier gear.

8. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

It says right on the first page of the auction:
    "* NOTE* Shipping may be arranged with proper identification through a third party shipper. "
    Contact the auction house and get the details of how this is done. Maybe they have local shippers that they deal with.
    https://aarauctions.com/contact-us/

At least two of the current bidders are eBay resellers so this stuff will reappear in the near future for sale :D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  9. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

How many KW1s are enough? I guess that poor fellow won the contest.

PU2OZT likes this.
  10. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I've bought from them several times and they're awesome to work with. Give them a call with your concerns.