Installed new 9 element beam for the club! w/video

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by PD2H, Aug 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. PD2H

PD2H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My club PI4ZHE finally has a new HF beam. The old one was a 3 band FB-33 and over 25 years old. We upgraded to a new 9 element 5 bander made by German company OptiBeam. It works as good as it looks, what a great antenna. I made a short video of the operation for your viewing pleasure. Sound and full screen recommended ;-)

Photoalbum:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29481933@N08/albums/72157657626762015

Site info:

Our club is located at a historic dry dock site called "Droogdok Jan Blanken" built between 1798 and 1822 under supervision of engineer Jan Blanken. Its one of the main tourist attractions at our QTH that used to be a navy port in the old days. It's the oldest dry dock in Holland and unique in its kind. It has a complex aquaduct network below and there are guided tours trough those corridors. The site was restored several years ago and it is now operational again and all kinds of historic vessels are being maintained and repaired in the docks. The crane you see on the video and photos actually runs on steam!

73s de Jan PD2H / PI4ZHE

2. WA5DX

WA5DX Ham Member QRZ Page

G'day,

Very well done and a great view of the waterfront from above.

WA5DX

3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

9 beam? Is that all? Real men use 10.

;)

Looks nice.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Really nice video production! Your club did a great job and has a nice operating location.
    I don't think similar club in the US would get to put up a tower in such a historic area.