Install KLog in El Capitan HELLP !

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K6BTM, Oct 9, 2018 at 7:29 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6BTM

K6BTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to install the latest version of KLog in El Capitan, but I only get an error message “no mountable file systems”. Old mac pro (mid 2009) Half empty HD. 4G memory Search's turn up zip, zero, Nada. :( Can someone get pointed in the right direction ? TNX

I'm a Windoze guy be gentle... sorry

2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Many times, it's a bad/corrupted download that's the culprit. Did the download go smoothly and fully? Sometimes, a download will hang the last few seconds, users will think it's done, will try to fire it up, and that's when they get the error message.

3. K6BTM

Thank You for responding. All DL's smooth. Rebooted & DL MANY times . DL older version(s) same issue. Very frustrated because I have Ubuntu, Windozes, and this. Wanted a cross platform logger. Just updated Ubuntu w/ klog, Win7 is happy. As a Win user does apple just hate me ?.. TNX

4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

For grins, when was the last time you updated Stuffit Expander? (It's in v16, now--you can get it here: https://my.smithmicro.com/stuffit-expander-mac.html) I'm just trying to eliminate the possibility of a bad download/expansion issue.

Without seeing your machine, it's hard to troubleshoot what exactly could be the problem. : P

5. K6BTM

Sooo true that. You probably figure it out 5 min. Sadly here if no answer/fix in a couple days , it's striped down for parts and trashed. Sad, nice little machine. TNX for helping

6. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, if you're amenable to it...

Download and install a copy of teamviewer from teamviewer.us (scroll down until you see the black bar that says, "Download Quick Support", then click to download that flavor of the program)--I use it all the time at work to "see" other people's computers to help with troubleshooting. (I'm a Help Desk resource at work.) If you like, I could take a look-see in your machine to see if there's anything obvious that would prevent the file from installing. Since I'd only see what you see on-screen, you can rest assured I wouldn't go poking around where I shouldn't.

PM me when would be a good time (Pacific Time) to call, including your phone number, and I'll give you a ring a few minutes before logging in.

One more thing--send me the link of where you downloaded the file from: If I can't install it here, then it's a fair guess that the file is problematic.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 2:52 AM
    K6BTM likes this.
  7. K6BTM

Why yes I am. I 'l shut down all here except the mac. No peeking on my multiple Win machines.. ;) I 'm 6m DSL here. :( Mac is "toy" machine. Nothing to see there. I'm retired. Name the time with a couple hours warning. TNX

8. K6BTM

9. K6BTM

I give, where is PM hidden here ?.. Looking not finding. ;)

10. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

At least we know the file's good--it installed here (v0.9.4.1). How about tomorrow, say around 10:00 a.m.?

Click my logo at left, then click on Start a Conversation.