ad: portazero-1

Inside the Summit-Obsessed World of Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Mar 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice article and good exercise ! :cool:
    Hawaii has some good peaks for SOTA.
    G3SEA/KH6

2. KC3GOP

KC3GOP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great article!! I have sent it off to many of my friends who are not hams, yet, for another POV of SOTA. I have yet to make a S2S with WG0AT, but now after working a activation pile up, I have started to look at spot listings to see who’s activating and try for S2S contacts. I believe SOTA is a way to get new and younger people into amateur radio. I’m personally leveraging SOTA as I target the younger crowd.

Listen for me on 40 and 20 SSB, as I continue to conduct First Time activations here in W7I/CU, there are only 350 registered summits here in Custer County, Idaho. (Most never activated).

Ken Mason
    KC3GOP

3. W8ESM

W8ESM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've never worked him (WG0AT), but the ham mentioned at the end (WA7BAM) is well-known to me, very active with POTA, and my POTA Elmer.

4. K7GYB

K7GYB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For many of us, it is about the challenge of personal endurance in unison with the performance of our equipment as well. There are folks who enjoy friendly urban trails, more challenging technical trails (or no trails at all), and also highly skilled mountaineering individuals who go where few ever visit. There is something for every skill level and SOTA will continue to grow. Excellent article and I hope it inspires more to experience our beautiful wildlands and the excitement of making awesome l0w-power contacts in pristine visual and electronic environments.

5. AB5ZA

AB5ZA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ol' Steve......still doin' it.......waiting for May......then, I'm gonna get back at it....I did no SOTA's last year.....gonna make up for it this year....AB5ZA/7, or/p.....I worked Antarctica from SW Montana....at least 10K/11K miles from that Summit (DN36).....hope my cracked ankle, is recovered by them as well.

6. W2NC

W2NC Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems they are. Sad. I loved those videos. But even though they are gone, they were awfully lucky goats to hook up with Steve.

https://twitter.com/wg0at/status/1248691362716762112

AK5B likes this.