ad: elecraft

Input tuning board

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KX4DV, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KX4DV

KX4DV Ham Member QRZ Page

Is anyone making a input tuning board like the TU-6B these days?

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. KX4DV

KX4DV Ham Member QRZ Page

Wd7S is a silent key now.

4. N8CBX

N8CBX Ham Member QRZ Page

I laid out the artwork to make my own boards
    Jan N8CBX
    [​IMG]

KP4SX, KX4DV, KK4RSV and 1 other person like this.
  5. KK4RSV

KK4RSV Ham Member QRZ Page

N8CBX it would be nice if you brought yours to market to fill the void that WD7S left. I used about 5 of WD7S's boards over the last 3 years.

KX4DV likes this.
  6. N8CBX

N8CBX Ham Member QRZ Page

I stuffed two of these boards and installed them in two home brewed amps that I build. I learned that doing the initial adjustment to the inductance and combining various discrete caps to get the lowest SWR (on the bench), is only getting it "close" to what the exciter (solid state exciters only) wanted to see. I had difficulty matching the 10M circuit and then installed small trimmer caps to the 10M and that helped a lot to find the SWR sweet-spot that the exciter wanted to see. So, I'm thinking that the next step is to redo the board's artwork to include trimmer caps for all the bands. And also finding the right trimmers for the lower freq bands because they will take up board space.
    Yes, WD7S was my inspiration to make my own boards and you can see the similarities.
    Jan N8CBX

KK4RSV likes this.
  7. K1ZJH

K1ZJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Carl, KM1H had some surplus input matching boards that were from a defunct amplifier line.

Pete

8. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably the typical boards found in the Dentron and Amp Supply amps. Very much like WD7S boards which most likely what inspired him.