For Sale Inovonics AM broadcast processor limiter

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W0IW, Feb 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W0IW

W0IW Ham Member QRZ Page

The price I am asking is ...
    $ 600.oo Paypal only or satellite gear trades ...
    Cash Or trades for ham satellite or eme ANTS or equipment...! Ts-2000x
    Yaesu az el rotor preamps/amps etc...

I have 2 Inovonics 222 audio processor for sale. I am wanting to keep one for my low power part 15 AM radio broadcast station in Iowa radiokoiw.com but like sell my spare one since they are no long made after 30 years of making em they stopped recently..

It is awesome processor for big boy AM radio sounding stations and it is in very good condition and very lightly used. I purchased it brand new several years ago. It is 100% operational and for the most part looks new. I used it on an AM transmitter on 80 meters and it gave the station a very big sound without splatter or distortion.

When you feed it asymmetric audio (Most Male voices are asymmetric) my transmitter would show positive peaks of 150%+ and negative peaks limited to 100%. It also can shape both the high and low frequency audio spectrum. If you are interested in this unit you can download a free users manual from the Inovonics web site http://www.inovonicsbroadcast.com/downloads".

It does a good job of describing this unit and how it works.

The 222 was originally developed as a "post-processor" to ensure US broadcasters' compliance with FCC-mandated occupied-bandwidth regulations. It incorporates a fast, asymmetrical peak limiter, independent pre-emphasis-protection limiting, and a very sharp-cutoff low-pass filter with proprietary overshoot control. The 222 finds ready application in a wide variety of AM broadcast situations. In addition to the NRSC 10kHz cutoff for medium-wave AM broadcasting in the US, any high-frequency protection characteristic between 4.5kHz and 15kHz can readily be accommodated to meet other domestic and overseas needs.

Though the 222 is intended to provide basic final limiting, a "floating platform" release characteristic yields sufficient program dynamics compression that often the unit can be run "barefoot" between the console and transmitter with good results.

Attached Files:

KC2DHU likes this.
  2. W0IW

W0IW Ham Member QRZ Page

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.