ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. VA2GK

VA2GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Was very excited, heard them faintly on 21.225 through heavy QRM on the first day, I'd figure I wait for a couple of days until they get a better signal and the QRM fever passes...
    I was wrong... oh well.

N4FZ, HA3FLT, W4LJ and 3 others like this.
  3. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Aucun regret, pas de quoi fouetter un chat, beaucoup de bruit pour rien!
    Ce qui m'a exaspéré ce fût d'entendre toutes ces stations du Brésil soudainement émettre à-tout-vat, moult totalement muettes la plupart du temps.
    Quelle bande de singes, surtout que Bouvet c'est vraiment pas la mer à boire d'ici.

Néanmoins, étant R-A depuis peu d'années, marrant d'observer et d'entendre tout ça. Pas piqué le virus DXCC, bien plutôt le contraire, vacciné contre après cette aventure ratée, faudra quand même qu'ils en conviennent.
    Et Crozet?

Olivier

4. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I decoded their callsign on FT8 once. Was it them? Was it a pirate? No idea. Didn't even attempt to work them. However, It did get me on the radio at home more so I did add other ATNO's. (I only have 100w and a low random wire antenna at home, and mostly work portable POTA) I consider this week a success for me, even without 3Y0J being added to my log.
    My new countries in the past 5 days:
    Albania
    Burundi
    China
    Fiji
    Indonesia
    Martinique
    Norfolk Island
    Serbia
    Sri Lanka

The tried, and they got on the air so it wasn't a complete failure. So far everyone has survived. Hopefully the next team will remember the lessons learned by 3Y0J.

5. PY2NEA

1. congrats, such a challenge for your computer!
    2. did they, really?
    3. define better ... complete fail (0)--------------total success (5)
    4. many miles to sail yet, harsh wx
    5. will they? remember there's a remote wx station on Bouvet, not as if they landed there with no info at all
    SU
    Oliver

6. MM0NDX

7. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

1. Yes, it was extremely difficult for my computer with all the others calling on the wrong time slot. But it managed. I'm very proud of it!
    2. More than you have.
    3. Somewhere between 0-5. Worse than everyone hoped but better than the last group. 15000 QSO's means 15000 votes for total success.
    4. Yes.
    5. Well the weather station didn't tell them swimming to shore with the gear was a bad idea. Hopefully the next crew learned from this.

W7UUU likes this.
  8. MM0NDX

9. MM0NDX

10. PY2NEA

From now on, per the Charter Party, they might be saving, being weeks ahead of schedule, thousands dollars a day, not to mention fuel, food, etc... all expenses already budgeted.

Smartest Expedition scam ever!

Oliver

11. MM0NDX

Marvellous!

IMG_6293.JPG

N4FZ, RN3QN and NT9W like this.
  12. MM0NDX

13. MM0NDX

3y0.PNG

N4FZ likes this.
  14. MM0NDX

15. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Update: my contact is confirmed on 15m! Nothing like the feeling of hunting the TX freq and pulling a weak one out of the noise for a new country!

Thank you everyone involved.

Tom
    W3TA

NT9W and US7IGN like this.