ad: Amateuramateur-1

Inexpensive Panadapters for Select Radios.

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KA9MOT, Dec 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

And the answer to that is do as N1KTJ suggests. You can purchase that or even better a USB 2.0 Hub and plug it into the USB 3.0 Port and you'll have as many USB 2.0 Ports as you want.

I only accept returns for a defective product. In your case, you failed to read and understand the description. You missed the System Requirements. The fact that your computer is incompatible is not my fault. That is your responsibility. You started an eBay case demanding a Return.

Lets talk about that..... I have many eBay customers who have trouble. The computer isn't up to par, or they don't understand how something works, or they need me to spend 2 hours on the phone with them. Hell, I'll even help you find a good computer that will run the system. I'm there for them. I'll do what it takes, but you have to call or write or communicate to me that you have a need.

In your case you sent me a short message on Saturday, July 22nd at 9 PM Central time that read, "having trouble getting any signal into PC.".
    OK, we can work with that...happy too, but you'll wait for Monday before I even look at my eBay messages.
    One hour later and I receive another message, "this does not work on my computer and I wish to return it. thank you".
    I can still work with you..... if you'll let me.....

8:45AM the next morning.... Ebay case started. You said my product was defective.....

Lets talk about that eBay case. It is one of about 20 plus a couple of Neg. Feedback for equally stupid reasons. None of these cases because my product is defective. EVERYONE because the Ham Radio Operator who is supposed to know how to communicate..... doesn't.

Your case is the one, that broke the camel's back...... My Seller Standards fell below the threshold that eBay chooses, and now it will cost me more to sell to folks on eBay.

I am not saying you're a bad guy, I am sure you're not.. but please, in the future, know everything you do has consequences. Somebody pays a price. Make sure you know you're doing the right thing.

I have been working sick and I am getting very close to the end of my life. I am home-bound and on Home Health Care and unless I have to go to a Dr Appointment, I am stuck here at the house. This is all I have left. I can't even go fishing anymore. Now this is becoming to stressful, and I will have to give it up. Orders are going out slowly but they are going out.

Hell, call me. Send me an email, I love helping you guys out. I love talking to you guys. COMMUNICATE!!!! IT AINT THAT FREAKIN' HARD!!!!!!

http://mypanadapter.com/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. KA9MOT

THIS!!!! Or use a USB 2.0 hub!

3. KA9MOT

I realized that my post above may come across as complaining about my customers.

I am not. I have sold nearly 3,000 of these over the past three years. My customers on the whole have been some amazing people. Truly amazing. Through all of my hospitalizations, they have been supportive and willing to wait, sometimes 2 weeks for their item. Both my website and eBay......

Just a few bad apples... and most of them from eBay........

I want to thank each and every one of you!

W7UUU and WA7PRC like this.
  4. KA9MOT

Kevin,
    I missed this one. There is a mod online for the FT-817 and FT-857. It does require soldering to the First IF. That is why I do not market a system for it. I had plans to research and develop systems for several different radios, but because of my health I decided to abandon those plans.

5. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Aloha Steve!

For my Tentec Eagle, the IF is 9MHz and the signal is tapped just before the crystal filter. The Tentec Eagle has a buffer amplifier at this point and a TMP coaxial connector. Mine came with the cable. Plug it in and go. Same for the Argonaut 6. It's the same RX/TX board in both. I use the $21 Softrock Lite II ordered with the additional $0.88 crystal for use with 9MHz IF. It's available with crystals for a number of different IF.

I agree. As a panadapter, your system will smoke the SDR in terms of instantaneous bandwidth.
    I mentioned the bandwidth advantage in my earlier post. The 3MHz would be really nice on 6m and up.

While it only covers ~80kHz(when using the $35 Startech adapter) or ~180kHz when using the $80 Bheringer USB sound adapter) of spectrum around the IF, the softrock is a better HF receiver than is found in many ham transceivers. This is with the same HDSDR software that you link.

I read that SDR-Console also works with the softrock but have not tried to set it up yet.

For an apparently easy install and whole HF ham band spectral display, your package looks good.

Difficulty?
    Assembling the softrock kit is the hardest part.
    The softrock is not practical for the plug and play guy. To put it together takes at least a decent head magnifier, a small vise, and a temp controlled soldering iron with a small tip. Adapting it to the radio, in most cases, will require soldering. In some cases one might have to assemble a low 15-20 dB preamp. Getting HDSDR to track properly is a bit of a trick too.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. N1KTJ

N1KTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

as far as online selling and negative feedback, can completely understand that. had it happen to my amazon seller account. one bad deal three years ago, and live with it forever.

KA9MOT likes this.
  7. KA9MOT

You'll like SDR-Console. It is very powerful but can be a little more complicated than many folks want to deal with. You seem like you're handy enough.
    Getting HDSDR to track properly... all we need is somebody who knows how to make a god video... you know, with-out all the heavy breathing, umms and losing track in his lace because the phone rang.

AH7I likes this.
  8. KA9MOT

Kevin,
    I just sent you an email.

9. N9POL

N9POL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there anything that would work on the Icom IC-746(non-pro).

N9POL

10. KA9MOT

I have nothing for your rig. I think I saw something online, but that was a mod. Might be worth a google search.