ad: SteppIR-1

Inexpensive Panadapters for Select Radios.

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KA9MOT, Dec 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all of the input guys. Both positive and otherwise.

Bob AH7I, is correct in that you can do this on your own. Junk box? I'm betting most junk boxes don't have the required connectors... but with some creativity, you can probably rig something up. Then you have to figure out where the Tap is.... and then set everything up correctly... that'll take weeks.....

Please ignore Bob's Direct Sampling mode link. It requires a very difficult mod to the dongle and performs very poorly...and that why Bob's opinion of it is so poor. My system will smoke Bob's Softrock set-up as well... Bob, what are you hooking that thing too? 90Mhz? Mine will show the whole band (Up to 3MHz)

Almost 3MHz bandwidth on all of my systems except the FTdx3000 and FTdx5000 systems. Those two use the SDRplay receiver and offer much more bandwidth. 3MHz is very wide and very busy.

If you click this link you will see the quality of my instructions: http://mypanadapter.com/TS-570 Cable Install.pdf
    These are only the cable install instructions and not the software instructions. The full set comes with your purchase.

Here are some pictures of my cables (clearly, I did not find these in my junk box):

2017-07-19 23.39.57.jpg 2017-07-19 23.40.01.jpg 2017-07-19 23.40.05.jpg 2017-07-19 23.40.26.jpg 2017-07-19 23.41.12.jpg 20045959_10209753803706680_1446108368_n.jpg

Thank you for choosing http://mypanadapter.com/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. KA9MOT

Thank you! I really appreciate the word of mouth advertising!

3. KA9MOT

Thank you! I am running a little bit behind but I should have everything shipped by this weekend.

EDIT: Yours is finished and your cables are in my first and fifth pictures. :)
    It'll be in the mailbox tomorrow.

4. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_1606.JPG

N1KTJ likes this.
  5. WD8BWW

This is my station. When 10 meters opens up it is like having fish finder for signals.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. N1KTJ

N1KTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have an acquaintance who has an FT817 or an FT857 (forget which) and wants to do a PANADAPTER. He was looking at the HUPRF solution, but it seems that guy is sick or silent key. Is there any possible flavor or direction to get a PANADAPTER for the FT817 ? Would think this would be a great market to go into, but assume that getting access to the 2nd IF or such would require some creative buffering and careful connections, beyond many skill levels.

KE6GFI likes this.
  7. N1KTJ

8. WD8BWW

there is a tap point for an 857 i have seen it done and likely one could easily be found for a 817. However due to the tiny Surface Mount parts GREAT care needs to be taken when installing.

9. KM6JMR

KM6JMR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased one of your last ebay listings for my FT-920. I sorry to say both of my computers only have USB 3.0 ports and your panadapter won't work on them. I have asked to return the package unless you have some suggestions to make it work.

10. N1KTJ

See a whole bunch of USB 3 to USB 2 adapters on AMAZON for around $5 and if you have prime shipping you get it the next day almost. Not sure what the seller will suggest, but seems like an easy fix. USB 3 is on only the newest computers, and congratulations on owning a new computer.

KA9MOT likes this.