ad: elecraft

Incredabily stupid.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K1OIK, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Incredibly I spelled incredibly wrong.
    I have an Asus router connected to my Comcast interface which has Wi-Fi. The Asus also has wi-fi, so I use both. The problem was in the last few days the Asus was fine (lights blinking) when I went in my ham shack so I wondered why I got no Wi-Fi from it nor did the electrical monitoring unit work that is plugged into it. But every time I walked into the shack it was blinking just fine.
    But this morning I happened to walk in to the shack to get something and all its router lights were out, i.e., dead.
    So in order to follow the power cable from the router I turned on the lights in the shack, I checked the router, it was working, so I figured I bumped something so left the shack to see if the Wi-Fi, was ok it wasn't, . So I went back in the shack router was still on. So I left again and the Wi-Fi was now ok, so I turned off the light in the shack and left and Wi-Fi gone again. I am guessing you figured it out by now, the router was connected to the receptacle that controlled the lights. I had done rearranging of the shack on Sunday morning and moved the router plug.
    Anyone else do anything this dumb?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 2:19 PM
    W0FS, KA2CZU, K8PG and 8 others like this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've probably done that at some point over the years, but I know how to spell incredibly.:)

KA2CZU likes this.
  3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Could be worse. You could have had the plug strip plugged back into itself.

We all have our Midvale School moments.

[​IMG]

N4BC, K8AI, W4IOA and 1 other person like this.
  4. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess again I was incredibly stupid.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Compared with some of the things people write here, that was only minimally stupid.

WA7PRC, W0FS, K7MH and 2 others like this.
  6. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

It's he!! being human. Sorry for the discovery, I relate.

K8PG likes this.
  7. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

What's my time frame? With so many instances to choose from, it's just a matter of when/how long ago.

W0FS likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Memory loss can be a good thing.

WA7PRC, W0FS and N4NYK like this.
  9. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh yeah, did exactly that with a phone charger. Kept wondering why I'd wake up and the phone wasn't charged, it was plugged into an outlet switched with the bedroom lights :)

WA7PRC and K1OIK like this.
  10. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't yet today... But, it's still early. Give me time and I will screw something up.

WA7PRC and N4NYK like this.