In this thread I fix ham radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4YWN, Jan 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4YWN

    KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

    1. No repeater shall operate ever again.
    2. 75/80m power restricted to 600w except for holders of new license class.
    3. 40m-10m power increased to 3,000w.
    4. 7200 khz designated for emergency use and/or search and rescue.
    5. Vanity calls are no more. Anyone partitioning for vanity callsigns will be issued a new random call from the new 10-digit callgroup.
    6. Licenses must be renewed every 3 years. Except for new license class, who renew every ten.
    7. Licensing costs $20/year. 1% goes to general administration, the other 99% goes into the US Geosync Sat fund. Once that sat is up, those funds will be used to place another.
    8. All non geo-sync sats will be used for target practice by the US Space Force.
    New license:
    • Technician- hf privledges only except in extra and general subbands.600w pep limit. Can obtain "+" endorsement for emcom on vhf/uhf in restricted subbands- subject to DHS/FEMA training
    • General- hf + 6m/2m with special subbands in HF that overlap other nations. 3,000w pep limit. Can obtain "+" endorsement for emcom on vhf/uhf in restricted subbands- subject to DHS/FEMA training
    • Extra- hf + 6m and dedicated sub bands + unlimited power on 11m. All privs on 2m and up. Can operate linear translators on 2m and up. Can obtain "+" endorsement for emcom on HF (as well as vhf) subject to to DHS/FEMA training
    • Engineer- All of the above but required to send/rec 20wpm cw in two separate test sessions (there will be no codes or other nonsense. its straight text taken from a recent magazine article) and must be able to design a circuit or algorithm during test session . Given privileges on a new 60m band (because i hear its hot-hot-hot unless you have a miracle whip antenna).

    Vote for me. I'm very cool.
     
    WA8FOZ, VK4HAT, WD3N and 1 other person like this.
  2. WD3N

    WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

    Fcc is closed...don't need no stinkin license....:p
     
    KI5WW, KA4DPO, K1SZO and 1 other person like this.
  3. W3WN

    W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

    Anyone “partitioning” for a Vanity call?

    All righty then.

    In the immortal words of George Tirebiter: “Vote for me! I never lie, and I’m always right!”
     
    N2EY likes this.
  4. KC8VWM

    KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

    However, contrary to popular belief thread cannot fix ham radio.
     
    K4AGO likes this.
  5. VK4HAT

    VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

    Its fixed. Job done ;)
     
  6. W3WN

    W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

    What do you think...

    If ham radio is broke... lend it a buck?
     
    KC8VWM likes this.
  7. KC8YLT

    KC8YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

    Vote for "Pedro" from Napoleon Dynamite movie.
     
    K9ASE likes this.
  8. W3WN

    W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

    Sorry, I have more faith in George Tirebiter. Even though rumor is it his candidacy is really in the doghouse.
     
    KC8YLT and N2EY like this.
  9. KJ4VTH

    KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

    Depends on the weaver, don't it?
     
  10. W3MMM

    W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

    I had a dream once where the ocean rose up in a fairly populated seaside city with high rises...like Miami or Ocean City MD.

    The swells rose and lowered between maybe the 5th and 7th floors, but didn’t knock the buildings down.

    I was out there, riding my lazy inner tube and enjoying the sun and these huge swells, as were others...and every so often you’d drift over to a random balcony, grab the rail, and hop over to grab a beer from a stranger.

    When I woke up I thought “you know, FT8 is pretty cool.”
     
    W5TTP, KU4X, N1VAU and 2 others like this.

Share This Page

ad: w5yi