In one sentence, why do you DISLIKE the ARRL?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB7QPS, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7QPS

KB7QPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ran into another ham tonight, and I asked him if he was an ARRL member. His answer "no. they're doing everything possible to destroy ham radio." I didn't get a chance to ask him to elaborate.

So, I thought I'd ask here. In one sentence, what do you NOT like about the ARRL? What are they doing wrong that you feel should be fixed?

Clearly, there are a fair number of anti-ARRL folks around here, so this should be easy.

My only request - keep it one or two sentences, not multiple paragraphs.
  2. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't dislike the ARRL. Does that count?

I think the ARRL does a lot of good. I love the DXCC program and their promotion of radiosport.

Oh, I don't like their promotion of WinLink...
    K2HAT, K2WH and N2EY like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not dislike the ARRL

N2EY likes this.
  4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not anti-ARRL, and I don't dislike the League as a group. There are a number of employees and leaders at the League that are very nice people, and I know this from talking to them.

I can't support the League at the moment, because the leadership have made a small number of policy decisions that are deal-breakers for me, in the sense that I'm not going to pay to support those policies while they remain in place.

If the League would make a very small number of simple policy changes, I would renew my membership with great haste. That said, I don't expect those changes to occur in the near future. They might, but likely not. And I'm not shy about talking about those policy issues -- and potential solutions -- in other threads that are specific to those policies.

So there you have it -- I don't dislike the League, just some of the leadership's recent decisions.
    K3XR likes this.
  5. WB6BUM

WB6BUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Typical of long-winded hams..It only took three posts for someone to ignore your "one or two sentences, not multiple paragraphs." request.
    "I have things to say...Listen to me!"
  6. KK5JY

Typical of long-winded hams... it took only four posts for someone to completely ignore the subject of the OP altogether, just to make completely irrelevant complaints about other's comments.
    N9LOX, N5PAR, KK4ZYM and 4 others like this.
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't dislike the ARRL but some of their policies and actions, RM-11306, RM11708 and a proposed new entry license, leave a lot to be desired.
    Lack of transparency.....that's 2 sentences for those that didn't read the OP:)
  9. KK5JY

Fine, I'll confess that I should have pressed ENTER two fewer times, and used lots of commas instead of full-stops; and here, I'll use a semicolon so that I can confess my transgressions and measure the confession with one sentence, one paragraph, and a single emoticon. ;)
    N6QIC likes this.
  10. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

i dont like the arrl because its boring. And embarrassing
    K1OIK and N6QIC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.