Import selected qso's from HRD to WSJT-X?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by N3DT, May 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a bad bsod and had to revert to a disk image dated last month, so naturally I lost all my wsjt-x qso's since then. I did have a backup on another HD of HRD logbook with the qso's, but how do I import HRD into WSJT-X? I did export an adi from HRD with the missing qso's but it's a different format than the WSJT-X format. Any ideas?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I can use 'find and replace' in MS Word to remove a lot of the unnecessary items from the HRD .adi file, but then I will need to move some things around unless the order of items in wsjt-x doesn't matter. I'm not sure. I think I'm getting close. It will be easy and quick to remove the unnecessary stuff. Getting the <eor> and carriage returns may be an issue, but I'll find out. I've already gotten rid of all the unnecessary <cr>'s. Wildcard usage will be a help.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Use ADIFMaster. Easy Peasy. No, the order of the columns/fields or the superfluous columns /fields don't matter.

5. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if order doesn't matter, I've already got all the info in the HRD .adi, no reason to play with it, I'll just copy/paste it into the wsjt-x log and see what it does. I notice there are some fields that are named differently though.

6. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I finally just used adimaster, it let me sort the columns, get rid of ones that aren't in wsjt-x, the only difference is names and another field is not there and it saved it in all caps, but it's the same format as wsjt-x. I just copied the ones from the exported adi from HRD that I was missing and inserted them in the appropriate place in wsjt-x log.adi. I also had to sort the date column, HRD saves it newest to oldest top to bottom, jt-x oldest to newest top to bottom. Probably doesn't matter, but I did it anyhow. WSJT-X didn't complain when I restarted it with the new adi.