[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.comRe-vamped the shack

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KJ5T, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This kind of goes along with my other topic, but I thought I would post some photos of the re-vamped shack. Instead of selling my gear, I decided to set the radios for some more days of fine service.

Main View
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oops. I accidently posting some of the img tag in the title.. sorry.

2. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice shack. Maybe I could cut me an apple symbol into a cd with the plasma cutter or scroll saw. [​IMG] I'm not that much of a mac hater anymore, ever since I got my Ipod and the mac mini came out. The Ipod really outdoes other MP3 players. Feels nice, looks nice, and hopefully someday mine will work. Still haven't gotten a new HDD for it. I will post a pic of my shack soon, before it gets messy. I haven't taken a new pic since I got all my HX240's and the FT-817.

3. KC0KBH

Here are the pics. The pic of all the HT's is a little messed up from the light. The one farthest to the right is a Maxon UHF commercial HT. In the picture below that, are just the Standard HX240 UHF commercial HT's. I gave one to my brother, also a ham, and 2 to my 2 friends who want to be hams. The shot below all HT's is when I had all of them. These pics were taken about 2 weeks ago.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Sorry, I couldn't get the images to load here, so I used links.

4. W5LDA

W5LDA Ham Member QRZ Page

KBH

What do you call that? A shack for every pocket? hehehe,,j/k

5. KC0KBH

No, that is just the commercial HT collection. I have a pretty nice shack, with a IC-765 and a FT-817. [​IMG]

6. AF2CW

AF2CW Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the comments, and nice set-up Rich.

Posted this on the MacRumors forum, under a thread about showing off the Macintosh Set-ups. Sadly mine isn't has advanced as some, but I did get a couple of comments people saying that they have been wanting to get in ham radio for awhile. I also started a thread on there asking about hams, and found out that there are several on there. I wonder if K3UD is a member of the macrumors forums. Anyhow, this set-up works nicer then my old set-up (as far as me operating the radio without having to move during the contests.)

8. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Nice one Rich. I see the other rigs have hidden themselves in embarrassment in the presence of the S line.

KBH, I didn't see a single HT in either of those photos. HT being a Motorola trademark and copyrighted name of course. Seriously though, that's quite a nice matched set.

I just added a new toy to my collection: a Motorola Visar. I'd never seen one in person before. It's soooooooooo tiny!

Ah well . . .

9. K5VOR

K5VOR Ham Member QRZ Page

Visars are very nice, I love them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.