I'm so smart...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE8EAS, Dec 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE8EAS

KE8EAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the N3FJP logging software and wanted to send QSL cards to my 10 meter contacts from the weekend contest. Made the leap and purchased those adhesive address labels for printers. I was successfully able to print off the address AND QSL info for each stations. Quick and easy. My god, what have I done. This is waaaay too easy to spend tons of money on postage and cards...

K9ASE, N2EY and KP4SX like this.
  2. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You think that's easy?

Uploading to LoTW is even easier (once you have an account).

KC3BZJ, K7MH, WU8Y and 2 others like this.
  3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe, ONCE you have an account, AND you are a current ARRL member in good standing. I do believe non-ARRL members (for whatever reason) are NOT allowed to use LoTW. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

4. N0AKF

N0AKF Ham Member QRZ Page

I love this logging program! I too print off the QSO info - but I must have overlooked the address label feature - how hard is that to do?

KE8EAS likes this.
  5. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, setting up an LoTW account is a bit of a task. But even I was able to do it by following the step-by-step procedure.

As to having to be an ARRL member: Why not go to the ARRL website and check, BEFORE posting? It took me about 30 seconds to find out whether ARRL membership is required to use LoTW.

WU8Y likes this.
  6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True....but it's all electronic....no tactile labels to be printed. Postage and cards give a "hands on" feedback.
    I too tried the N3FJP label printing with cards and postage but found the return rate to be dismal. I guess if you like mailing cards out it's OK.
    LOTW may be less tactile...but at least I get responses.

During my first go around as a ham I had quite a collection of QSL cards. I miss that aspect of operating today. But then again the cards were not that important to me...I threw them all out in a move about the same time I let my license lapse.

KE8EAS likes this.
  7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong. I'm not a member and I have an LoTW account.

KE8EAS, KC3BZJ and WU8Y like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ditto

WU8Y likes this.
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

You’re wrong.

Any licensed Amateur Radio operator is allowed to use LotW.

WU8Y likes this.
  10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

IF that is wrong, I stand corrected.