ad: M2Ant-1

I'm posting this because I believe i've been ripped off.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K5LRU, Jan 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Google 770-466-6926. They are in Loganville, GA.
  2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I am quite pleased to hear that you did NOT use "Friends and Family". Its too bad that it will "take awhile" to get your money back, but at least you won't lose it. And start looking for a legitimate deal now. If you get more details about how this scam worked.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K5LRU likes this.
  5. K5LRU

K5LRU Ham Member QRZ Page

yes a handwritten one. Jerry K5LRU
  6. K5LRU

K5LRU Ham Member QRZ Page

He didn't I made him pay the fee.And that saved my ass, I will get my money refunded from Paypal in about two weeks.
    KC0BIN and N6QIC like this.
  7. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats BS. I filed claim for something I paid via PP from WB4IUY, he "refunded" the amount, PP canceled the claim and his payment bounced as he used a bogus account. No I can't file another claim, been chasing PP around trying to get my money back for something that was never sent to me in the first place and one lie after the other. Here, going on 3 weeks later, still no payment, no refund, no nothing. PP is not necessarily your friend.
  8. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3 weeks later?? Bogus account?? You're trying to make it out like I'm a scammer, far from it. You bought the antenna right smack in the middle of the Christmas holidays on Dec 29th while I was out traveling about for the holidays.

Dude, this is hardly the way I roll. Look at all the stuff I've sold here with no issues in all these years. You bought that antenna over the holidays while I was traveling. By the time I got back, got it packed to ship, you changed your mind, said you were gonna be traveling, etc. and could no longer use it (an HF yagi??)...whatever. I did the paypal refund, it didn't work because it tried to pull from an old chk acct that was still attached to the account. Didn't know if until it was too late. No biggie, but then You then wanted it refunded a different way, just like the messages you ysent through the weekend. I said I would get it resolved this week.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  9. KM7N

KM7N Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently had an ad posted where I was looking for a TH-D7A. I got a prompt response from someone purporting to be Maxwell Thomas, AL1H. Something seemed off, so I lowballed a counteroffer, and he accepted right away. I figured there was no way I could get that much of a good deal. Though I didn't find the pic he sent by doing a google search of images, the pic he sent was too staged. Then he moved quickly to payment, and it jumped out at me that his email address for PayPal was different than his regular email address (not uncommon, but unusual enough based on the other signs that I became convinced he was a scammer). I did a quick Google search for "AL1H scam" and found this thread, which included the same email addresses for AL1H. I did a second search for AL1H Alaska, and found a 3rd email address that appeared to be the address for the REAL AL1H. I sent him an email to see if I could confirm the legitimacy of this transaction, and he replied a day later that it was not legit, and that he didn't have that radio for sale. While I was waiting for a reply from the REAL AL1H, the scammer emailed me asking why I hadn't paid yet, and I told him that his call had been identified as being hijacked by a scammer, so I was waiting for verification from his 3rd email address (which the scammer obviously doesn't know) before I continued. The scammer has since fallen off the grid.

Glad I saved myself the hassle. Thanks for posting the initial thread here so I could find that this was a scam.
  10. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Jan 15. Still don't see a refund, check, NADA. Man, it doesn't take rocket science to give someone their money back in any form when you never send anything. Also, if you were traveling, you never said anything except it was on the bench being packed up. Whatever. All you had to do was very simple. Hey guy, I am tied up away from home, etc. can I send you the refund when I get back, etc. NADA. I needed that antenna here by a certain date easily achieveable to help someone out. We opted for wire instead due to all this . All you were asked from the outset, resolve it. Jan 15, still open on my end. Actually, this isn't my post and really, discussion doesn't belong here. Sorry about that. recommend it be scrubbed. This is K5LRU's show.