I'm now a ham!

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by VE7NDE, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

"Great kid, don't get cocky!"

;)

(I think Han Solo is yelling "5-9, 5-9, 5-9! QSL via buro!")

2. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations and Welcome to Ham radio!

3. VE7DCW

VE7DCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations ....and way to go!!

You're going to love working everything HF. I've been in Amateur Radio going on about 30 years now and I still get a thrill out of it every day.

You don't live that far away from me....if you're ever passing through Parksville by all means look me up.... :)

4. VE7NDE

VE7NDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I just learned that my licence has been issued, but due to a clerical error, my callsign has the wrong prefix for my province. It starts with VE6, but I'm in BC, where I have lived my entire life, which means it should start with VE7. I'm now endeavouring to get that corrected. I just hope it doesn't cost me $60 to do so.

5. VE7NDE

And the problem got successfully corrected, and here I am, posting for the first time under my new callsign.

6. K7RQ

K7RQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations, David! Now the magic begins!

Hal, K7RQ

7. VE7NDE

It sure has begun! I've already worked two DXCC entities on HF—the U.S., and Aruba; and I've printed and sent out my first wave of QSL cards. Believe me, the amount of fun is just starting to increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.