I'm not going to use qrz log anymore.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by M0WBK, Mar 2, 2014.

?

Bring back old log.

Poll closed Apr 1, 2014.
  1. Bring back the broken V1 Logbook

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Push forward with the new V2 Logbook

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

As a matter of fact, we are planning an instruction video but we wanted to make sure that everything had settled with the interface first. We're still going to do it.

Thanks and 73,
    -fred

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Any resemblance of QRZ and a democracy is purely coincidental!

The poll as you posted it made no sense. The question was "Bring back the old log" and the answers were V1 and V2?

I generally require that polls use whole sentences.

My wording change was a bit tongue and cheek, however, the issue is moot. V1 isn't coming back, not ever.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use a PAPER LOG!!! Only ventured into N1MM just for the W1AW/6 event and for occasional contests. But everything else gets PAPER LOGGED, and then transferred into XMLog ( a free logging program I use just to for LOTW). Paper logs are SAFE as long as the house doesn't burn down. I haven't heard if QRZed log uploads to LOTW. Maybe it does, I don't know! But EQSL is absolutely USELESS to me as the ARRL doesn't recognize it. So I log an OCCASIONAL contact into QRZed log, but it is not a serious logbook for me. My ARRL PAPER logbook IS serious!!!

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

After the initial surprise (shock?) I'm liking V2 more and more.

5. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the looks of the new log book. But it is still was to hard to get the contacts. Some people don't know how to use it and other say it is to hard to work and to much trouble. This 30 minute window is a nite mare. That is totally not enough time. I also know for a fact that I have contacts confirmed by the other parties I talk to but all I get is blue dots on some of them. I know because I have emailed them for conformation. The old log book worked a lot better and was easier to use. Some people in other countries just don't understand how to use this log book. Bring back the old book or atleast give the users a choice to whick one they like better..

6. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I've noted on my bio that I'll no longer confirm via V2. That goes for my personal call, as well as the contesting call.

I wasn't a fan of LoTW for their double-blind system, and I'm no fan of it here on QRDead.

7. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I really like V2. I find that it's confirmation percentage is nearly identical to LOTW. Interestingly enough it gives me a higher number of countries worked then LOTW.
    I think this is probably more accurate. I think more hams use QRZ than go through the trouble of setting up LOTW.

8. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I still think you are missing the 30 minute window point. EVERYBODY is supposed to log using UTC time. It's the same for everyone across the entire world. The 30 minute window means that I can say you and I had a QSO at 13:30 and you can say you and I had a QSO at 14:00 and they will still confirm. This is strictly to allow for clock skew, to which 30 minutes is more than enough time. It DOES NOT mean that you must enter your QSO into QRZ within 30 minutes of making the QSO. It also does not mean that you and the other party must enter it into QRZ within 30 minutes of eachother. It strictly means that if you say the QSO was at 13:30, they can say the QSO was anywhere from 13:00 to 14:00 and it will still confirm.

If you are entering local time it is no wonder why you aren't getting confirmations. We do not do any time zone conversions. We only use UTC which is the logging standard, and the accepted time by the ADIF specification. which can be viewed here: http://www.adif.org/304/ADIF_304.htm

9. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

This means that there will be less conformations because not everybody understands that and how it works. When you talk to someone and don't log it right then and try to log it later and forget the correct time. Then the contact is lost. This will not work if you make 10 contacts in 40 minutes and then try to remember the time. The 30 minute time does not work. It simply is not enough time........

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I do paper QSL cards and LoTW for where that doesn't work.

Solved.

Never once used V1 or V2 - never even seen it.

But I'm like Karl, the guy in "UP" with the walker, at 52 instead of 90... and hit LA Fitness daily, sans walker! LOL!

:D:D:D

Not all systems are for all people, and that's what separates us from - well, something - cool point lost cuz I'm SO DAMN OLD!

:D:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.