I'm losing my mind

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF0BXP, Jun 11, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KF0BXP

KF0BXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I could have swore the icom IC7100 was $799 on HRO last week. Now it's $930. I don't remember there being a sale or anything other than just the $100 mfg rebate.

I could also be thinking of one of the other 50 radio's i looked at as well and i'm just losing my mind.

Please confirm.

K0UO likes this.
  2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep! It's in the lost and found department at QRZ HQ...

WA1GXC and K3XR like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Be sure you have your one time code handy.

4. WD8T

WD8T Ham Member QRZ Page

You're correct and I saw it somewhere else within the last few months even cheaper. I believe Gigaparts had it listed at $699. I kept seeing hams selling used 7100's for more not realizing it was being sold new for less than they were asking for used.

KF0BXP likes this.
  5. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no current stock on 7300s at HRO. Given that, the price of the few 7100s in stock went up; supply/demand, chip shortage etc.

KA4DPO and K3XR like this.
  6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Losing? :confused: I lost mine YEARS ago.:p

Seriously, if the manufacturer raised THEIR "MSRP," (for whatever reason,) then the dealers are probably going to raise THEIR price as well. And any company can list a price when an item is out of stock, and may not know when they will get more stock in. If they don't take "pre-orders," that guarantee a price, they aren't to be held by their previous price, and can raise it as much as they want. Now isn't exactly the best time to "price shop":( when many dealers don't have an item in stock.

7. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sales are what keeps the dealers in business. With so many ham radio equipment items being unavailable to dealers they have to maximize their income from the products they do have and can deliver.

WA1GXC, W7UUU and N0TZU like this.
  8. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Proceed directly to the Psychedelic Shack.....

9. K5ABB

K5ABB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Trust me, and don't worry about it, you'll thank yourself later for not buying one of those abominably heinous 80's ATARI looking clock radios. Imagine staring into the face of THAT thing for the next 10 years... (shudder).

10. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

The government has increased the money supply by 30% in the last two years. Prices need to rise by 30% to account for it eventually, since that new money had no new wealth production tied to it.

NY7Z, K5JXO, KA4DPO and 2 others like this.