I'm gonna' jump in too!

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by N4EYZ, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just re-installed my 706G back in my S-10 PU. I ran that rig 12 years ago in my truck and then in a company truck. I don't travel like I used to but it seems I'm always running errands when my daily sked comes around with a cousin in Texas. We started doing this in 1979 but work and family schedules got in the way.

Back when I first installed this rig in my truck 12 years ago I remember having to go pick up my son who was coming in to DC on a bus trip. The bus had broken down en route and was 12 hours late. I had a dual band ant on the roof, 220 on the front fender, and hamstick on the rear. And I had to wait for my son at the Greyhound bus station downtown DC. I sat there for 12+ hours waiting, all the while thinking I may as well have had a flashing red light on top of my little truck saying "Hey! I've got $1500 dollars worth of radio equipment in here! Come knock me over the head and steal it!

Nervous to say the least. But all went well. Now I'm retired and looking forward to sitting on top of hills here in the Shenandoah Valley and work the low bands. Fun!!

73's
    Wayne
    n4eyz

2. N9ZMO

N9ZMO Ham Member QRZ Page

Have any pics of your install? Always looking for ideas

3. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are a few photos in my Photo Gallery of an S10, but I don't remember whose it was.

4. K3LFC

K3LFC Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a yaesu 2m in my cobalt...I could sure talk far..from wilm ,de to washington ,dc!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.