ad: Flexradio-1

ILLW - International Lighthouse-Lightship Weekend Organization

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K2JXW, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4NTO

K4NTO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mistake on the start of ILLW

I stated that the ILLW was created by BARLHS but in reality it was started by Mike Dalrymple, GM4S"UC, and the Ayr Amateur Radio Group.

My appology.

2. M1DZT

M1DZT Ham Member QRZ Page

International Lighthouse & Lightship Weekend

Having read K2JXU's message I have to point out a few facts.
    1. In 2006 I decided not to renew my membership of the ARLHS, I then noticed that my details were still listed on the membership web page in 2007, so I sent an email to the ARLHS HQ asking that they be removed, but at the start of 2008 the details were still shown, believing this helped to gave a false total of the membership I again sent an email. I have just checked the ARLHS web site today and find not only am I STILL shown as a member of the ARLHS, but also of the ILLW.org. How many more ex members are listed to help keep the grand total high.
    2. I am the keeper of the call sign GB4SML for the Saint Mary's Lighthouse in the Northeast of England, and have for the last two years entered the details of our ILLW operation with Kevin VK2CE on the ILLW.net web site. At no time have I requested the details be entered on the ARLHS ILLW.org site, BUT both last year and again this year they have been entered, how I ask K2JXW could he have obtained the information ??. Finally once again would you please remove my details from both your lists
    Kenneth M1DZT

3. MM5PSL/SK2023

MM5PSL/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr Weidner, no more diversions please? Nobody is interested in facts and figures. If your earlier claim of 1,600 'Paid up' members is anything to go by, your numbers are meaningless. Why are there still so many on your membership list who have long since gone? I am certainly not a member nor 'paid up' anything, neither are others I could name, but we are still there and being counted are we not?

Take a long hard look in the mirror. You have everything to loose. I once held you in high esteem for all you did for lighthouses and amateur radio. But not any longer. Whatever there was to loose, you appear to have lost it.

4. M1DZT

M1dzt

Re Membership lasting for a lifetime.
    I find it very misleading to include inactive members on you lists (which anyone can view), thus giving a false total to anyone deciding to become a member. Why do you feel unable to show how many ACTIVE members are on your books ?.

You have still not told me how you obtained the GB4SML details.

Once again would you please remove my details from your lists. I hope that I will not need to ask again.

Kenneth M1DZT

5. M1DZT

M1dzt

This is now getting very silly, I do not understand your remarks regarding my email address on QRZ which is my correct address and has been public on a number of web sites for the last 10yrs. Once again I still say it is wrong of you refuse to remove someones details from your site even when asked to do so on a number of on a number of occasions, and I now leave it to other people to come to their own conclusions.

Kenneth M1DZT

6. MM5PSL/SK2023

MM5PSL/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh dear! Mr Weidner, Your methods and excuses leave a lot to be desired.
    Rather pointless trying to convert those who can see what's going on don't you think?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.