IK0EFR identity theft

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VK3MR, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VK3MR

VK3MR Ham Member QRZ Page

A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE ANDREA OF CALL IK0EFR HAS BEEN TRYING TO SELL ME GOODS BY EMAIL IN RESPONSE TO MY WANTED AD ON QRZ SWAPMEET.

USED EMAIL ADDRESS: 1k0efr9@yahoo.com

ALL INFORMATION LIKE ADDRESS WAS COPIED FROM QRZ REGISTRY.

OFFERED PAYPAL AND MONEYGRAM (Western Union), second email said they had problems with PayPal and need to use MONEYGRAM ,

I asked for a photo of him holding the scope. (He got really angry over this)
    I asked for him to send me an invoice from PayPal (this means I can track and so can PayPal)
    I asked for phone number to call him (he say no one can speak English only Italian you won't under stand)
    I asked for a documented shipping quote (they said they did not like my tone, they could be trusted because he is a ham)
    I asked about damage, and some technical questions (would not answer technical)
    I asked for another photo of the serial number (supplied one, totally different furniture under the scope)

ALL THESE QUESTIONS ARE AMONGST MY STANDARD REQUIREMENTS WHEN MAKING A PURCHASE FROM SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW, ANY Xs AGAINST THEIR ANSWERS MEANS A PROBLEM AS THEY BUILD UP.

THESE PEOPLE SENT ME A SET OF IMAGES REPORTABLY JUST TAKEN.

I scanned the Internet for two hours and on the 30 th page image 1, then image 2 and so on started showing up, I traced these back to a defunct server, (they get a big cross for that one).

I kept scanning the Internet and around 50th page, showing item images on google a similar image showed up, same background and desk, this one had a serial number. This serial number was 20 thousand away from the one provided. (Another X ). Followed the link and ended up on a taxidermists selling page, but the item was not there for sale any more. ( another X ).

I asked the person trying to sell me this item was he the original owner and where did they purchase? A reply came back " I purchased this and all my equipment from Japan" ( another X ).

FELLOW HAMS
    if the deal sounds too good then you need to investigate even more.

I encourage all of you to make your own tick box list because this is the test that will save you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: Andrea BURINI <ik0efr9@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:50 AM
    Subject: Re: WANTED: KENWOOD SM-230 MONITOR SCOPE

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL (actual text):

Andrea or what ever your name is you are a fraud.

I have passed your header logs onto the FCC to track your location.

To use a amateur radio call sign without authorisation is a US federal offence and is dealt with by CIA.

The Australian federal police have been notified of your fraudulent behaviour and Internet scams.

You stole the images from other sites, the serial number does not match with the one supplied in the original photo.

The real Andreas knows nothing of this.

You are in more trouble than you ever known.

[​IMG]

Kind Regards

Paul Ashby
    VK3MR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.