"Ignore" QSO's not eligible for an award

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by N8GLS, Feb 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N8GLS

N8GLS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see a feature where you can chose to "Ignore" QSO's that are ineligible for an award. I have had over a dozen QSO's where my QSO partners data was incorrect for whatever reason and after emailing them am happy to report 98% were unaware of the problem and corrected the inconsistencies.

This leaves 2% that keep appearing in the Awards Status as "Not Eligible", most for multiple awards. For those QSO's where your QSO partner is unable or unwilling to correct erroneous data it gets tiring to see those same QSO's show up as ineligible when running the various awards status. It would be nice to see an IGNORE checkbox so that the QSO does not keep re-appearing as in-eligible every time the status is run. If I missed another way to do this short of deleting the QSO please let me know !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS

2. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Just delete them. With 11,000 in the logbook will you even notice?
    If you want everything accurate, keep a proper paper log!

3. KQ8W

KQ8W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dumb question, I'm sure, but how does keeping the same data in a paper log make it any more accurate?

K8EEI likes this.
  4. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Because being 100% in control means the other person doesn't have the ability to enter "wrong" data. Weather or not it's correct, its "Right"
    And last I checked paper logs don't have annoying popups about things not matching how it wants.

5. KQ8W

You're still in control of your data, whether it's in QRZ or on paper. Accuracy is equivalent for both, popups or alerts aside.

6. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you missed the part about deleting the annoying "incorrect" QSO's and having the paper be more accurate because none are missing.

7. KQ8W

Then, delete it from QRZ.

That's why I said if the data is the same that's in a paper log, one cannot be more accurate.