If you had machine tools?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KT6G, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KT6G

KT6G Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I have a few tools to work metal with and was wondering if there are any good plans for a multi-band beam antenna, say a 20" to 30' yagi? Would like to get as many bands as possible on an antenna.

[​IMG]

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You have a droolworthy shop there, OM!

I'd look through older ARRL antenna books. You could probably go into business. :)

eric

3. K7TOB

K7TOB Ham Member QRZ Page

That is an awesome piece of machine! I don't know what it is, but my other ham buddy I am sure would know exactly what it is. I will trade you shops. ;)

4. N0FJP

N0FJP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KI6J

KI6J Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm working on a force 12 knockoff. I found the plans on the internet. Your shop is cleaner than mine. Where's the heliarc?
    Stu

6. KT6G

KT6G Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the replies. I took these pics when we first moved to our new house 8 years ago, the shop is a lot messier now. :D

Just finished making gin pole brackets and pulley head, for an upcoming tower (48') take down.

The vertical knee mill in the picture is a Bridgeport made in 1968. I purchased it soon after moving into our home, unloaded it from the trailer with a backhoe and then moved it into the garage with a 2 ton shop crane (mill weighs 1 ton).

I also have a 12x36 metal turning lathe, miller 140 wire feed welder, metal saw, and a bunch of tooling for both mill and lathe, a bunch!

KI6J, do you have a link to those plans? would like to take a look at them, thanks.

7. KI6J

KI6J Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.