ad: M2Ant-1

If you don't want your identity stolen

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC9UDX, Jun 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I know you can turn off how apps share data, but I still don't trust any app on my phone.
    Passwords, if stored in a file, are not listed as passwords, and that's not the file name.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to get on a "Do not steal my identity list" , So I am told.

Only your SS# is required to signup. No other personal info is required, And it is Free. :eek:

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Which is damn near impossible for anyone that is rather active on the internet.

Id need a separate storage device that would more likely get hacked:rolleyes: and I wouldnt use a phone app on a bet. Anyway my phone is small, compact, and basic; not those silly big things folks keep showing off.

Carl

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have an old PDA for this. It's smaller than a modern phone. I don't sync the data anywhere, so it's as good as a notepad. But I'm less likely to lose it than a notepad.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

What happens when the battery is dead?

6. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I plug it in and sync it to the old computer I have just for that purpose. It's not online.

But really, I don't let the battery get that low. So I never even do that.:)