If you don't want your identity stolen

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC9UDX, Jun 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Doh! Now I gotta go change my password... "MaryLikesPretzelsAndBeer" should do it... :p

Steve
    KV6O

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm always amazed how many of those systems allow you to change just one letter, usually just the case of just one, as if that doesn't undermine their intents.

3. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I might change mine to HR Puff and Stuff who's your friend when things get rough

4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Fixed that for ya

5. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

re:Systems / company policies that force a password change every 30 days..
    i am using a list of commonly misspelled words with a number as my passwords and hope to work my way done this list and learn a few of them.....

6. W5DOH

W5DOH QRZ Member QRZ Page

I just updated my location address through QRZ , how long will it take before I see it change also "Safe WEB" in my opinion is a scam from what I have been reading, and my new email is w5doh.allan@yahoo.com also I put a NOTE: in my QRZ page giving my new address Someone in IOWA should tell N5JVA about this message I have lost all information on contacting him. Sincerely W5DOH Allan

7. N3KIP

N3KIP Ham Member QRZ Page

Back around 1995 the firm where I worked got hacked and their website was replaced with one about some guy who said he loved being ***** ** *** *** and posted a picture of himself (?) from a mall photo booth. Their password, however, was the word 'default', and was the one the web site came with. I don't make my passwords any tougher than I have to, otherwise I can't remember them, but I have never used 'default'. Some other sites on the same provider were hacked at the same time, and what they had in common was their passwords were either 'default' or '123', but then that was back in 1995.

8. KC9UDX

Pretty cutting edge, in 1995. :)

9. VE3OIJ

VE3OIJ QRZ Lifetime Member #42 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nothing at all wrong with writing down passwords.

It becomes wrong when it's easy to attach that password note to the account it is the password for.

I use a password manager app in my phone. I have over 300 passwords in there, all different, all strong. It syncs with my phone, my tablet and all my computers, even the Linux computers.

10. KC9UDX

I wonder whose else's it syncs with. :)

KM1H likes this.