If you are ID VERIFIED, DO NOT TURN OFF your "2nd Factor Authentication"!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W7UUU, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Deleting cookies will initiate a second factor login. And don't forget to check the trust this device for 30 days checkbox.

2. KM4NXI

KM4NXI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I clear my memory on 3 or 4 computers and phones everyday because of work and am prompted to recode my computer's almost 2x weekly... I've learned just to have my cellphone in hand

W7UUU and K2SDS like this.
  3. N1YR

N1YR Ham Member QRZ Page

I generally use the same laptop, but in different WiFi locations. I check the 30-day box when I enter the cell phone code. The first time I changed locations, I had to enter a new code, but now it seems to accept the password across moves. My browser erases cookies whenever the browser closes, so that's not what makes the code last. It sometimes almost seems to be a calendar thing, like a new code the first of the month. That's probably just coincidence.

The portability is good, because one of the WiFi locations I regularly use barely has cell service. I have to leave the phone on a widow ledge for almost half an hour to lock onto a "DX" cell tower before trying for a code. It often takes 3 tries to beat the 30-second life of each code once there is service.

4. KZ4P

KZ4P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I changed phones and had no access to my old number. Tech support told me the only way to access the account was to disable 2 factor authentication which I did at their direction. They never bothered to suggest turning it back on, but I did anyway once my account was straightened out. It's secure sure, however in all the years since Fred started QRZ.com, I haven't had one problem with fraud. As much as my personal and my work life are "online" it is definitely a pain.

5. KA3BQE

KA3BQE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've emailed support and not received a response yet. I need to switch phones and get off of Google Authenticator and onto Authy. Going into 2FA to turn it off it says IDV will be disabled immediately. How do we avoid losing IDV when moving phones and apps?

6. KA3BQE

KA3BQE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

To answer my own question you can't avoid losing IDV so I had to resend my lotw certificate to get verified again.