If you are going to take a picture...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KD4MOJ, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

watch the shaky hand. Can't even tell what it is!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

K7MH likes this.
  2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

And use some light and make it a decent sized picture.
    Nothing worse than clicking on a thumbnail and getting a thumbnail!!

KD4MOJ likes this.
  3. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

And make sure it's in focus so the details are clear at larger sizes.

It's amazing for many people can get today's auto-focus cameras out of focus!

4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

What they said. And, ONE view is enough (two images of a given view is one too many).
    And crop out most of the background. Last, scale the image down to something smaller than yuuge (and larger than itty-bitty).

KP4SX likes this.
  5. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

And use decent lighting.

Tip: on-camera flash rarely if ever qualifies as decent lighting. If the flash reflects directly off the object you're selling straight back to the camera lens to create a glaring hot spot, it's definitely not good light.

There are lots of ways to get reasonably good lighting, but one easy way is to turn off your flash and put the object near a window exposed to indirect sunlight.

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

See I'm not the only one! :) There were a few items that I was interested in recently... but the poster obviously knew the photo was blurry from the get go so why post it at all? I'll pass...

Some other great suggestions above as well!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Right on point. If the poster can't get the simple things right, then watch out.

N0TZU likes this.
  8. W3ESE

W3ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't seen it much here, but why would one post an ad with a picture that's either sideways, or upside down, and then not correct it when it`s brought to their attention?....There's a station that advertises regularly on another ham radio ad website, and the picture on EVERY one of his ads is sideways...every ad, with no exception....In the past, I have emailed him to give him a heads-up (in case he doesn't`t proof read his ads), and that not many people want to turn their computer sideways, or upside down, to view a picture....He says he'll look into it, but it never changes...ad after ad...Oh yeah, he also uses upper case lettering.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL

Tripod comes to mind.

10. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I get the feeling some lousy photos are done that way intentionally. If you ask for more photos usually you either get no reply, or you're accused of being a "tire kicker". I don't even bother asking.

N0TZU likes this.