If I drilled a hole through the earth ...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4KJG, Sep 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that's what I call an Earth ground.:D

KJ4YEV and K0UO like this.
  2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

that's what I was wondering. I bet if that did happen the media would blame it on [ censored ] ; the [censored ] movement would then jump in and protest... calling it a [censored] plot; and [censored ] would add $3 trillion to the budget to fight "Rampant Seawater Displacement" , due to [ censored ]. :D

KQ0J likes this.
  3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That must have been my evil twin brother.:p

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

So thats why Ive worked so much DX on 160 in that area:rolleyes::D

5. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

my mama told me that.

F8WBD likes this.
  6. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not long ago, my family was vacationing on the Big Island of Hawaii. We went to the beach, and my ten-year-old son started digging as deep as he could into the sand. I wanted to warn him that he would reach China if he didn't stop, but I realized that Hawaii couldn't be opposite China. So I looked it up on my phone. We were opposite Botswana in Africa. For safety's sake, I made him periodically stop digging and listen for elephants or rhinoceroses.

K4PIH, 2E0CIT, N5XH and 2 others like this.
  7. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy cow my alerts! I've had much better QRZ.com replies, but this one takes it on the likes.

N1VAU likes this.
  8. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, this has been a fun thread. Thanks to all who posted -- including the poster who actually worked the station I thought was my antipode.

I guess I must have heard the word "antipode" before, but I never checked it out. I was surprised that my antipode is in the ocean, about 1000 miles southwest of Augusta, Australia. I wonder if such a hole would drain the Shenandoah River, or fill it with ocean saltwater.

I'm glad I didn't spend any money on extensions for my tractor's post hole auger.

Back when I was still K8KJG, we owned a home on the top of a ridge in WV. We were at about 1300 feet elevation and our mountain water well was 610 feet deep. The well cap would whistle most of the time. I'm not exactly sure why, but sometimes it would be pushing air out and sometimes it was sucking air in.

Thanks again to all,
    Weird old Ken
    W4KJG, now living in the Shenandoah Valley

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its downhill so your river would drain.

10. W4HWD

W4HWD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you can, get on 20m FT8 right now - the band is absolutely flat-out covered up with Asian Russian and Chinese stations - as in right now!

NG1H and (deleted member) like this.