Ideas for camper setup

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by N7CCR, Jan 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. N7CCR

N7CCR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello everyone! I am looking for ideas for a portable table for our station. We plan on taking the radio with us this camping season. We have a 19’ bumper pull. I would like to have something we can put the radio on outside at our campsite when we are relaxing around a fire. We don’t want to be stuck in the camper. What works for you? Our equipment:

Yaesu 857
    A couple of batteries for portable
    Alinco switching power supply (very small)

Thanks in advance!

N8AFT likes this.
  2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WQ6N

WQ6N Ham Member QRZ Page

For me, I use large pelican cases to pack the radios and gear. When stacked on top of each other they are at table height. I also use wire locking cables to lock things up when out and about. We have a patio room that fits on the awning that we close up at night. Using the same patio room for 20 years and still going strong. The newer awnings cannot support the weight of the patio room. Think ours is A&E.
    Currently we are parked for a long time and cannot put out the awning. Gear is located in a lower side compartment and I use a combination of 5G WiFi, Bluetooth and TightVNC for remote access.

The more one carries, the more that has to be put away. Last resort is a small Lifetime fold up table from Costco.

A side note of getting a functional earth ground in place. I actually cut a 8ft grounding rod into two half's and drive them into the soil 12ft apart. Would love to put in a chemical ground later on. Driving anything into DG soil is difficult here. I also like the idea of Cadweld, and have been reading up on the process.

4. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

My 857 is tall Igloo cooler installed with an LDG YT100 so it is self contained and stand alone, I use a lawn chair to op CW from. No table needed. The ant is 35' of telescopic tubing, 4:1 un-un and four odd length counterpoise / radial on gnd wires.
    I use a 35ah AGM and 100 to 200w solar...

5. K9PHT

K9PHT Ham Member QRZ Page

Search for k9pht - have a few posts on here showing what I am using in my OFF-ROAD Camper and truck setup...

Roy Ken

N3AWS likes this.
  6. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You might not know this, put you can post a link for a search. Here is the link for the search you suggested.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?search/99760217/

N3AWS likes this.
  7. KC5KQV

KC5KQV Ham Member QRZ Page