ID5100 "Where's the Mount"

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by WA7BFN, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA7BFN

WA7BFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received the ID5100 and to my surprise NO Mounting Bracket.. Further investigation reveals.. and pricey option for said radio...
    What's up ICOM.. Anybody ?
    WA7BFN

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't even see the mount as an option?? I was thinking about purchasing one with with all the stuff left out...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. AI7PM

AI7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

They (Icom) are getting so interested in selling touch screens, pre-program/downloadable programing, and other widgets, they seem to be forgetting what makes a good radio. I have a couple of IC-2820s and love them. I looked at the 5100 when it was released, and wondered what the Icom leadership had been smoking. Functionally, (real function, not bells and whistles) it has no gains over the 2820. #1 ? I can't understand why any of the manufacturers would market a new model that doesn't do narrow band, including the splinter freqs. Next I'm guessing they'll concentrate on building a $30 model to compete with Wouxon and Baufong, and the days of quality durable Amater equipment will fade away. Granted, they have to follow the market desires, but at least continue offer those who want something upper quality an option. Otherwise, just openly cede it to Motorola, Harris, and alike. $0.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.