"ID Verified" troubles

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, May 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I also thought the verified tab was a bit busy.

2. W5WN

Did you get an email? After I signed up for two step verification when I logged off and then on again I got a dialog box wanting my account email address. It said that my address didn't match their records of when I opened my qrz account. It rejected the address every time I entered it. I finally entered it on my account page, it was accepted and I got the email saying my verified status was approved. The verified tab immediately began showing on my posts.

3. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah ha! I'll bet I deleted it without reading it! Wonder how I can get them to send another?

4. W5WN

If you deleted it then you received it. It doesn't require a response.

5. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

No, probably not Dave. The 2FA and Verified processes are pretty rigorous. Makes our job in Swapmeet much easier. That doesn't mean that we don't read and verify every ad, though.
    Non Verified ads will be under a bit more scrutiny.

ND6M likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm merely talking about "visual clutter"

Reduce the "Verified" users to a green dot, instead of a great big VERIFIED icon. Or make the icon smaller at least.

Instead, make the NON-VERIFIED users have a great big red NOT-VERIFIED icon. Then the unverified will stand out, and there ultimately will be far fewer of them than the verified users.

Not talking about the function - I get that - I'm talking about the visual clutter of the soon-to-be-zillions of "VERIFED" folks in green :)

Just sharing thoughts is all....

Dave
    W7UUU

7. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well duh. LOL I don't "know" that I did.

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave I thought you being a lifetime member (#133) you would have already had a verified sticker...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, they'll accept money from anybody. ;)

10. AC0TP

AC0TP Ham Member QRZ Page

Ugh. Fred, did you hire the guy from the ARRL who designed the LoTW security?

Jane, get me off this crazy thing.

Last edited: May 12, 2018