"ID Verified" troubles

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, May 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I used a fresh install of FireFox, no plugins installed at all and Verified the Cert was in the settings under privacy ... No luck.
    Have tried incognito in Chrome as well with no plugins at all and Cert verified to be in the browser .. again no luck.. I stand by my assertion that it was not ready for prime time. It will be a great feature when it allows registration and if it does infact persist across devices and computers... Again no plugins or extensions enabled or even installed in either browser...

W7UUU likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's what I'm going to try tonight when I get home. Use a browser I never use (Edge) in "private mode".

Not ready for Prime Time Players comes to mind :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not who I say I am, and I am sticking to it.

Burt

KD4MOJ likes this.
  4. KQ4MM

Dave,

I just spun up a development Win 7 instance, imported my cert , used the check button to "place all certs in the following store" and chose the default "personal" , then went through the process using Chrome and it worked...

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks! I will check that tonight as well. Oddly, it never told me exactly which of the many folders it was storing it. But obviously at the browser stage, the browser (Chrome) was clearly not looking in the same place

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KQ4MM

And it is tied to the account not the computer, tried on 3 different OSs / Systems and all show me as verified ...

7. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just used firefox's certificate viewer to view my LotW certificate and saw the following text:

"Could not verify this certificate because it was signed using a signature algorithm that was disabled because that algorithm is not secure"

Is this causing a problem with qrz.com?

8. W7UUU

Got it working... what a weird path it took. I tried on "Edge" and got the error show in the image below, despite everything being correct and current!! I tried a normal window, and an "InPrivate Window" several times each. I have never used Edge. But it wasn't working on Chrome so figured why not.

I reinstalled TQSL 2.4 and tried again - nothing. Same silly error.

So just for kicks, I went back to a normal window of Chrome and bam! It worked. Just like that. Despite failing over and over last night, no matter what I tried. The browser window response was very different just now than it was last night. It's like several of its automated steps never happened before just now. But all the steps happened just fine with Edge, but it still said my info was bad despite it obviously being good.

Thinking there's still some bugs to work out in this process. If QRZ really wants more users doing this (without compromising their government issued ID), I'm hoping they work out the bugs so it's not such a PITA to get it working.... just a polite suggestion :)

Dave
    W7UUU

error.JPG

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    KA9JLM likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Tada :)

[​IMG]

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: May 8, 2018