"ID Verified" troubles

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, May 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Hi Dave,

I followed the procedure early today, way early, at 2 in the morning. I was half-sleep, so me memory is not the best. I don't remember seeing those screens. I use Firefox, but I do remember the sequence appeared to miss one step, the one in the browser. Sorry for not being more helpful, try again, and pay particular attention when it reaches the browser part. I'm curious to know if the procedure takes into account the browser id, and customizes the screen shots displayed.

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave -

I tried using Microsoft Edge, and on the second go I got some popup boxes asking if I want to share my certs with QRZ... Answered yes/OK, and it showed verified when I looked. First post, so we'll see....

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

OK - I'll try using "Edge" tomorrow. Good idea! It's a "virgin browser" on that system (the primary shack computer) so maybe would be cleaner. I went by the recommendation to use Chrome that's in the opening screen (my primary browser).

Will give it a go tomorrow!!

Thanks!!

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Victory! I am a validated, vacillating, vacuous visitor no longer vying for verification!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    KA9JLM and W7UUU like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

She sells sea shells by the sea shore....

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

But does she take Paypal, and does she insist on "Friends and Family"?

Beware....!!

Dave
    W7UUU

KD8DEY likes this.
  7. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Vexing vetting vanquished!

8. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome ( On a MAC) ... the certificate is in the browsers security settings but still no luck. Have tried loosening up various security settings such pop ups etc, clearing cache, deleting cookies, etc.. .. no luck ... Perhaps it wasn't ready for prime time release ...

I'm simply not sending them a copy of my photo ID, that crosses a line IMO

K3RLD and K3XR like this.
  9. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've gotten to the point of "
    Examining Certificate Please Wait..."

and then.... nothing.

This should be an almost instantaneous event, correct?

10. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The process runs afoul of at least one of the plugins (not sure which) I use to avoid nuisances in my browsers.

I had to use Edge in incognito mode (or whatever Edge calls it) to get the certificate passed.