"ID Verified" troubles

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, May 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to do the "ID Verified" thing using my LoTW certificate. On the certificate side, it all seems to work great but I'm not sure if I should be putting it in some specific "store".... When I just let it default to "automatic" it doesn't work in the end:

upload_2018-5-4_20-18-37.png

And then it always gives me "import successful":

upload_2018-5-4_20-22-0.png

But no matter what I try, I just get this from QRZ:

upload_2018-5-4_20-22-37.png

I have no "ad blocks" turned on or anything else I'm aware of. Not sure what the broken IMG is in this screen capture... computer works 100% (modern, powerful, WIN10, Chrome, all current, all solid)

Is there some specific place I'm supposed to save that file? QRZ never gives me an option to browse to where I had the certificate get saved. The error just says "your browser did provide" - what does that even mean? How do I store the file properly so that Chrome "will provide it"?

Thanks - seems a rather convoluted process....

Dave
    W7UUU

Attached Files:

2. W7UUU

Maybe someone can tell me which "Certificate Store" I can try saving it into?? Obviously, the automatic one isn't working.

I tried "Personal" and "3rd Party" but there's a bunch of them....

Which one do I save it into??

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Similar thing Dave here, but I;m on a MAC.. all good till the last step then same message ... I do like the idea though...

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W7UUU

Good Morning QRZ - any word on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Dave

5. W7UUU

Is there a better place to post to get some assistance on this question? I still can't get it working.

I just want to know which "certificate store" to save the "certificate" so the browser can find it. There's a pretty large number of such stores.

Thanks - or at least steer me to the right place to ask.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

No workie... using chrome version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit). Instructions seem to skip over a lot of import questions as well.

I would appear that you will be "verified" on the computer you perform this operation on, and I use probably 5-6 different computers, tablets and phones at home, and another 3-4 at work. Not sure how useful this really is...

KB4QAA and N0TZU like this.
  7. W7UUU

And I can add that I'm using the exact same computer that I do LoTW on.

Hoping that someone from QRZ will simply tell me which Certificate Store to save the file to.

It seems a pretty simple question to me... but maybe it's not??

Dave
    W7UUU

8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not even going to try for the Verified status given this. I also use a number of devices depending on where I'm at, and had to turn off two factor login because I was having to update frequently for all the devices.

WB2PKR likes this.
  9. W7UUU

Same here, on the "two factor" - I just put up with having to enter the texted code. Not a huge deal - I do appreciate the security.

But I'm really puzzled why no one from QRZ will simply tell me WHAT CERTIFICATE STORE DO I SAVE TO?

It's a pretty simple question

Dave
    W7UUU

10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I appreciate security too, and am grateful that QRZ is taking it very seriously.