ad: cq2k-1

ICQ Podcast Episode 259 - RF Safety

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Feb 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. M1MRB

M1MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

In this episode, Martin M1MRB is joined by, Leslie Butterfield G0CIB, Matthew Nassau M0NJX, and Bill Barnes N3JIX to discuss the latest Amateur / Ham Radio news. Colin M6BOY rounds up the news in brief, and this episode’s feature is RF Safety by Bill Barnes (N3JIX).

We would like to thank our monthly and annual subscription donors for keeping the podcast advert free. To donate, please visit - http://www.icqpodcast.com/donate

News stories include:-
    • SSTV on a Baofeng?
    • New BT broadband service to transmit across VHF
    • Updates Iceland Radio Regulation
    • AO-92 Commissioned and Open for Amateur Use
    • New Zealand get 5 MHz (60m)
    • Signal From 'Dead' NASA Satellite
    • InnovAntennas Releases 4/2m Dualbander
    • 20m WSPR Balloon Travels the World
    • WIA Want Power Increase
    The ICQPODCAST can be downloaded from http://www.icqpodcast.com

upload_2018-2-4_21-24-43.png

2. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be nice if text versions of these "podcasts" were available. I can read faster than any moderator can talk, and I wouldn't have to spend time listening to pointless music and other "filler" material.

W8QZ, K6CLS, KF6NFW and 1 other person like this.
  3. W9AH

W9AH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I concur with KR3DX. In addition to being able to read faster, I am often in a location where I can’t listen, but I can read.

KR3DX, KF6NFW and KG4UDW like this.
  4. AB9TA

AB9TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Concur also, I would personally rather read the material for a variety of reasons

KR3DX likes this.
  5. NF6E

NF6E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you please make the FCC logo a bit larger? I'm having difficulty seeing it.

6. ZL4IV

ZL4IV Ham Member QRZ Page

As soon as I see it's a video I skip it. You can always go back a paragraph and re-read text but video is difficult. Same with news, I will not let unknowns run Java Scripts either on my PC's or MAC's so text only.

KR3DX and KF6NFW like this.
  7. KF6NFW

KF6NFW Ham Member QRZ Page

I stopped doing a lot of the audio stuff. I would rather read it and not bother others around me!

KR3DX likes this.
  8. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, allowing a website to run scripts on your computer is just like handing them your keyboard and mouse, they can do pretty much anything they want after that........

9. M0TCH

M0TCH Ham Member QRZ Page