ICOM T81A

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by WA6DKS, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6DKS

WA6DKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking for info on the ICOM T81A, pros and cons.

2. KG4UDX

KG4UDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Searching for IC-T81A on Google will get you plenty of reviews. It appears to be discontinued (at least none of the major internet stores I looked at offer it). The big "pro" for this over other HTs would be the 1.2 GHz mode, but I don't know how much use you'd get out of it.

3. AG9R

AG9R Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I Like My T81-A No problems with it thus far The only way I could have seen it be better is 6m/2m/70cm and 220 mhz

4. N3LGN

N3LGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Knowing now what I didn't know then, I would not buy the thing again. The "toggle" is far to small for me I can never get it to go into program mod while on the road and wanting to put in a new freq. The programing software and cable are easy to use but you need a computer to hook into so unless you travel with a laptop, be sure to have all you programing done before you leave home.

5. WB5VSQ

WB5VSQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a great little rig!

I got my first one over two years ago . . . I liked it so much that I bought another one! HRO still had a few in stock a little while ago . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.