Icom RS-BA1 issue, VFO temporarily freezes on rig

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KB6LA, Nov 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB6LA

    KB6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

    Hi guys,

    Despite some of the headache stories, I was able to get the RS-BA1 software set up quickly and easily with a 746PRO, and everything seems to work really well - all of the features work, and I can remote in, make QSOs, and the on-screen software and the RC-28 remote encoder work just fine, usually.

    My issue is this: sometimes when I'm tuning across a band using remote access, the RS-BA1 software shows that it's tuning, but the rig audio is clearly not changing - that is, the RS-BA1 software frequency is changing, but the rig's frequency is not. It's like the rig gets stuck. This happens both using the mouse and RC-28.

    If I change the rig to a new band and change back, or wait a little while and start tuning again, the problem fixes itself. This makes it tough to tune across a dead band, since I can be turning the RC-28 knob and think that the frequency is changing, but I'm just listening to the same static.

    I've checked all settings, so am just wondering whether this is a 746PRO issue, since this is just about the oldest rig that should work with the software. Or if there are any known issues with a fix.

    Thanks and 73--
     

Share This Page