Icom RS-BA1 IC-7300

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KC9SWV, Jun 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

One the hosting Remote Utility use Default Device for both the mic and speaker, and on the remote PC in Remote Utility set the mic and speaker to your local devices. Also in the Remote Control software check your MIC SET, it should be set to USB. Before trying this over the Internet have your tried it on your LAN?

2. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks very much. I had got it working finally and one of the settings I changed was the MIC SET as you suggested. That was the ticket!

KF2M likes this.
  3. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

You're welcome. One thing I always stress with the RS-BA1 software is if you are going to use it remotely is to set it up as if you working remotely but test it on your LAN. In most cases the IP packets will go out to the Internet then back to the hosting PC. It makes it much easier to troubleshoot, and correct with both PC's next to each other. Another thing I've found is that some ISP's block further upstream the higher number ports so you may have use lower numbered ports for the software to work when using port forwarding, and working remotely.

4. R1BAT

R1BAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys !!!
    Help configure the remote control ic 7100.
    It seems everything is configured but there is no connection.
    What did I do wrong?

Attached Files:

5. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

First off is this on the hosting PC? If so for testing purposes the Remote Utility is not required. The Remote Control app can connect to the radio. The Remote Utility is for bridging sound i/o, and remote connectivity.

With that said it looks like from the RU screen you are getting a connection to the radio. Note that for the 7100 in the Connect Set menu there are two settings specific for the 7100 for the model (1.04 and 1.10), and the 7100 occupies two COM Ports. Try different combo's in the Connect Set settings one of them is bound to work. Please note that when you press the Connect button you have to let the app time out, and once it times out press it again to clear it.

6. R1BAT

R1BAT Ham Member QRZ Page

MNY TNX !!!!!my remote is connected

KF2M likes this.
  7. 9K2MB

9K2MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, i have a problem connecting my radio to pc ,, the connect light keeps flashing and the radio will not tuern of and will not be able to control it,, the screen shows one frequency and the remote utility shows another frequency... cant figure whats went wrong.. please advise...

8. NM3P

NM3P Ham Member QRZ Page

Most likely it is not connecting to the com port. Click on 'Connect' so it it goes out, then click on 'Options', 'Connect Settings' and check that the com port, ci-v port, baud rate, etc is correct. You can use windows device manager to confirm the baud rate.

9. NM3P

NM3P Ham Member QRZ Page

I've also found that moving the USB from a 3.0 port to a 2.0 port can help (if that is possible). I have an HP desktop where this is the case, but my HP laptop works fine on a USB 3.0 port.

10. NM3P

NM3P Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone else had issues with the remote control software always turning the 7300 radio off, even if the checkbox is not ticked?
    The 7300 is firmware 1.30 and the RS-BA1 software is 2.11.