Icom RS-BA1 IC-7300

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KC9SWV, Jun 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I might be a little off on the this response, I believe the ports are still discoverable and would leave a trail to a target. The other network members would see some isolation (at least we would hope) however they could possibly breach the one with the open port and use it for DDoS.

2. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

The system that is located in the DMZ is in a networking no man's land between the router, and the rest of your LAN. The only route is between the router, and that PC. Yes that PC could be compromised but with how much effort? You are more likely to be compromised by visiting a website, or clicking on a link in email which are the easiest, and most common vectors. A script kiddie is not going to waste their time beating on only a single PC (unless they are really dumb, or OCD).

3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

That is most certainly the truth. I gave up on protecting our core manufacturing and critical data from intruders, built an internal secure net with no internet connections (physical or wireless). The only way for the intrusion would be a physical attachment to the clients or server!!! We have several gateways one is for email only and who ever needs email has a cheap laptop in addition to their workstation. For me this is the safest and cheapest way.

4. SV7BOY

SV7BOY Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W0FAA

W0FAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you ever get an answer to that question? Using SDR-Console with 7300 would appear to be impossible.
    Is there any documentation anywhere concerning the specifications of "IF-Out" that you know of?

6. W0FAA

Very wise, but have you disabled all USB ports? Can you say for certain no employee would ever plug in a thumb drive they found on the floor?

7. W0FAA

Nice sight-gag. I wish it was real.

8. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

No, that is a very valid concern and one that is not easily solved. At least if a breach of core data would occur the pool of potential suspects is limited and since they are on USA soil I would hope the legal system would be able to enforce the law.

9. M0TLI

M0TLI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi - how are you interfacing the 7300 with SDR console?

10. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hello-
    we have everything working over the internet BUT no mod audio is being produced by the radio. tips?
    thx
    Clifford