ICOM LED Backlight Kits

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by VE3TMT, Jun 10, 2019 at 7:59 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My 2nd generation LED backlight kits are now available for your ICOM 746/746PRO/756PRO/PROII/PROIII radio. Eliminates the cold start that often occurs with CCFL backlight systems. With my LED backlight kit, you get instant on everytime, and the original brightness adjust function is retained. All kits include full color step by step instructions. More details available on my QRZ page. Kits are $75 USD, which includes tracked mailing in Canada and the lower 48 US states.

Kit.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:16 PM
  2. G3NBY

G3NBY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an Icom 756 (not Pro) whose display famously failed, line by line. By the time I knew what was happening, ICOM had ceased to replace the display, FOC.
    However a monochrome version became available and I fitted it, very successfully thus rescuing the set from being scrapped.
    Monochrome is no serious disadvantage but the light level is VERY low.
    Have you any idea of a solution to this problem. The loss of the brightness control would be a small price to pay for some more lumens!
    73 from Olde Englande, your former Colonial tyrants!
    God Bless America...

3. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have no experience tearing down an aftermarket LCD. Not saying it can't be done, I've just no experience doing so.
    My kits provide plenty of brightness.

Max