ad: elecraft

ICOM IC7300 USB driver

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W3ATV, May 13, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7GF

KB7GF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello - I am new to the forum and a new owner of an IC-7300. Am runningWSJT-X using the 7300 USB codec on a 2011 iMac and I am experiencing the same problem that AI6VN describes. I am running very low power (200mW) and have inserted chokes on all of the computer cables and lines feeding into the shack. The program works great for RX but switches to the internal audio ports as described after several TX cycles.

2. K4RSG

K4RSG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same issue on my Mac Pro - after several successful QSO's on FT8, the output port will change from the radio (IC-7410, soon to be IC-7300) to the LINE OUT on my Mac, causing the transmitted tones to play very loudly on my speakers. Stopping wsjt-x and restarting fixes the problem, until it happens again.

Any clues on how to fix? It's almost as though the output connection times out or switches back to LINE OUT.

If I could look at the source, I'd take shot at identifying the bug.

73 DE K4RSG

3. AI6VN

AI6VN Ham Member QRZ Page

I stopped working on this while trying to get WSJT-X debugged on a new Win 10 PC, which has its own set of problems ;=(
    Today I confirmed that "TX audio switches from USB to headphone output of the Mac" problem persists in V1.7.0.
    I'll try V1.8RC1 tomorrow

4. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Read the 2nd page of this thread: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/usb-problems-running-wsjt-x-on-2015-macbook-pro.547251/
    There are two ideas for a solution.
    BTW, I never have had these problems (Fldigi or WSJT). Interesting to know why some users are affected, others not.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The apple has a worm. :rolleyes: