ICOM IC7000 VFO fault

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by I1WSM, Aug 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. I1WSM

I1WSM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm repairing an IC7000 that has a problem with the VFO encoder, turning the knob does not change the frequency while the microphone works regularly, resetting the CPU nothing is changed. I think the problem is due to a fault on the encoder due to static discharges touching the knob; disassembling the encoder, I see a chip marked W1483H but I have not found any matches, unfortunately the diagram of the encoder EX2832 is not disposable on the Manual Service, does anyone know what it is and where to find it? The some encoder il used on IC7100.
    Anybody can help me?
    73’s Silvano I1WSM

2. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, bef0re doing anything have a look here..... Sounds like the two preset resistors were either dirty or wanted adjustment. If you have any doubts you could put a pencil mark down to identify their original positions.

Dave

3. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

not looking at schematic but b4 changing parts id use a scope or logic probe to see if pulses are there...?
    part change is the last step in fixing...

G4COE likes this.
  4. I1WSM

I1WSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Many thanks for the replay, I solved the problem retuning the two pots R3&R5, now the rig work again very fine. Thanks a lot!
    Silvano I1WSM