Icom IC-H16 and IC-U16

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N4ZTA, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N4ZTA

N4ZTA Ham Member QRZ Page

Up for sale is a pair of Icom commercial HT's, these are the commercial cousins of the IC-02 and 04AT. They feature 16 keypad programmable channels, full CTCSS encode and decode, and use the same battery packs and chargers as their ham versions. The only differences are in the display, the 16's display channel numbers and scan list indicators and not frequency. There is no VFO. Radio is put into program mode by entering "159357". I will include programming instructions. Very easy to do. Unlike the ham versions, they decode CTCSS and have reverse burst (no squelch tail). The other difference is the antenna connector, the H/U16 use a TNC type, where as the 02/04 use a BNC.

The H16 is in very good shape, no real wear. It is a later production model. The U16 is older, a little more wear, but not beat up. They both work and have full TX and RX. Included are two batteries, one is a NEW MaHa BP-8 NiMH super capacity pack, the other is the original CM-7 Icom battery which does hold a charge, but could use a new insert. The inserts are cheap and easy to change out, as these packs use screws and are easy to open. Two wall chargers are also included, as well an assortment of antennas. The original OEM Icom VHF whip, as well as a Larsen stubby. The UHF comes with two stubby antennas. Both radios have belt clips attached. Radios pictured are actual ones for sale, not a stock photo.

I am asking 125.00 plus 10.00 shipping for the pair. These are both type certified for part 90 commercial use, so those of you with commercial use can LEGALLY use these on the commercial bands, unlike using modified ham radios which is no-no.

I accept Paypal from confirmed address accounts and US Postal money orders (the kind you get at the US Post office).

PM me or send email to my address on QRZ.

2. KB7UXE

KB7UXE Ham Member QRZ Page

These are excellent radios, "the best of the best" wether used on ham or comercial..
    And at the price offered, are an exceptional buy..
    ( although not really leagle any longer for comercial use ie: put into program mode by entering "159357"....

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  3. N4ZTA

and I have lowered the price to $100.00 for the lot, USPS priority mail with insurance and delivery confirmation is
    $10.00. Paypal from confirmed addresses and US Postal money orders gladly accepted.

4. W6DWS

W6DWS Guest

re: H-16/U-16 pair

If still available, pls advise asap.
    my call at arrl dot net.

Deanna W6DWS

5. N4ZTA

the Icoms have been sold to W6DWS, AWP.

6. WI9EMS

WI9EMS Ham Member QRZ Page

In need of Icom IC-U16(s)

Hi to all,

I'm looking for 1-2 Icom IC-U16 HTs. I'd prefer them to be already modified to be front panel programmable if at all possible, as I am not very good at modifying anything myself. I do have radios to trade, if anyone is interested (Motorola MT1000, HT1000, Kenwood HTs, etc). Let me know if anyone can help me out. Please email me direct at spankymedic@hotmail.com

Thanks and 73-

Cory-

7. WI9EMS

Hi to all,

I'm looking for 1-2 Icom IC-U16 HTs. I'd prefer them to be already modified to be front panel programmable if at all possible, as I am not very good at modifying anything myself. I do have radios to trade, if anyone is interested (Motorola MT1000, HT1000, Kenwood HTs, etc). However, if this doesn't interest you, I will pay a reasonable price. Let me know if anyone can help me out. Please email me direct at spankymedic@hotmail.com

Thanks and 73-

Cory-

8. WI9EMS

Hi to all,

I'm looking for 1 or 2 Icom IC-U16 HTs. I'd prefer them to be already modified to be front panel programmable if at all possible, and in good to decent shape. I do have radios to trade, if anyone is interested (Motorola MT1000, HT1000, Kenwood HTs, etc). However, if this doesn't interest you, I will pay a reasonable price. Let me know if anyone can help me out. Please email me direct at spankymedic@hotmail.com

Thanks and 73-

Cory-

9. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.