ad: KB6NUGuides-1

Icom IC-9700 due availability Feb. 2019

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K2II, Nov 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2II

K2II Ham Member QRZ Page

KK5JY likes this.
  2. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah its being fairly widely advertised over here now. www.hamradio.co.uk has it on their site too.

KK5JY likes this.
  3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Coooooooooooool. :cool:

4. G3ZPF

Time will tell. Its ironic that finally someone introduces a VHF/UHF only rig at the very time when part/all of our 23cm allocation is in danger of being taken off us because the commecrial interest in that spectrum area has spiked.

5. KK5JY

IIRC, the 23cm band has always been a secondary allocation for amateur use, both in the US and in the UK. We already have to work around primary users there.

6. G3ZPF

True, but now the commercials seem to be making a play for exclusive use to all of it.

7. KK5JY

Hmmm. Sounds like you have some MPs to write/call. :)

8. G3ZPF

I think this is a worldwide thing, not just EU.

Satellite comms need more space, and they pay large annual fees for spectrum. We don't, so its a no-brainer for Govt really.
    The RSGB is on the case over here, but we'll have to wait & see how it pans out.

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

That could be problematic in years to come. Makes me wonder if at some point radios with that band ability will be declared illegal unless the software gets flashed to make it unavailable.

What a world we're moving into...

10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm more interested in actual performance, than fancy "bells and whistles." Time will tell. I HOPE the radio will have performance (receive mostly, but also transmit and ease of use) commensurate with its price. (Whatever that may be in U$D.)