ad: QSLWorks-1

Icom IC-7610 shipping date pushed from DX Engineering

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W3DWJ, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3DWJ

W3DWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The shipping date for the new Icom IC-7610 has been pushed back to 12/19 now. Not sure it will arrive for xmas. It makes one wonder how they can't know the exact shipping dates, and secondly if date is going to be missed why not just say so instead of at the last minute posting a new date.

2. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Shipping this time of year is a crap shoot, times change constantly and there is a record number of packages in the pipeline already. If DXE is expecting a container from a west coast port wit the radios it may be delayed, or if they are coming to DXE via truck freight it may be delayed because of the sheer number of packages in the pipeline. Plus container ships can have problems, or longer waits to unload and that can slow down delivery... I remember 2 or 3 years ago the long shore workers in the west coast ports did a work slowdown thatstacked up container ships off shore for weeks...

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Think about it -- would you want a nice radio delivered during the Christmas rush? I'll bet the percentage of damaged packages goes way up this time of year. Just keep your pants on and wait a few weeks.

KA9JLM likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Firmware is not firm yet.

N2AMM likes this.
  5. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"The Firmware is not firm yet." I guess that makes it software! :D

N2AMM and KA9JLM like this.
  6. WW0NS

WW0NS Ham Member QRZ Page

DXE updated estimated ship date to 1/9/2018 on their catalog page. So much for a Christmas present under the ham shack tree.

7. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think what they are saying is, if you buy one today you should get it by the 9th. I am sure every radio they get in, is already sold.

Look at HRO they show no radios in stock at any of their stores. I an sure they have some but again every rig coming is is already sold. This should hold true for all ham dealers. I bought and paid in full back in November and got it from MTC Dec 15th.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

All businesses do this today...if they told you it was going to be late as soon as they knew it you would be unhappy for a longer period of time. They are just thinking about your happiness!

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Like a new auto, I would rather wait to see the recalls.

WD0BCT likes this.