ICOM IC-7610 issues

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by K6VOX, Jul 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have read a few forums and groups posts of Display issues as well as the heat sink thing. But has anyone had the display issue and ICOM has fixed it? I run low display lighting as I don't like bright displays, also have the screen sleep mode turned to 15 min
    I have tried a few times to contact, email and such, actually got the service manager on the phone and was told to call in a month to check if the new replacement displays are available. I bought mine May/2019, issue started in under a month and I am not seeing much from ICOM on fixing this. I called and left a VM and still havent heard back, this was one month after my original phone call to them.

Also has anyone else with an IC-7610 had any audio issues? I have seen this more than a few times where the ALC just stops working on the meter. Factory reset a number of time sometimes it works others it does not, anyone else?

My 7610 does fall in the S/N's that icom published a tech bulletin for the heat sinks popping off or falling off completely. and I have not checked yet.

Attached Files:

2. KN6CLP

KN6CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

Oy, and the 7610 was on my shortlist.

Hope you get things squared away and ICOM comes through.

K9ASE likes this.
  3. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sincere advice: Use the radio. Enjoy it. Be aware of potential problems but do NOT in any way let this awareness stop you from using the radio in a way that is most useful to you; if the display may dim or burn in over time, so WHAT! Turn up the brightness to a level you are comfortable with and USE it. Just turn OFF the radio when not in use. If the heat sink falls OFF, YOU-WILL-KNOW. Then have it FIXED. Just like you CAR, for Pete's sake. If the radio crashes, which is VERY common with ANY radio with an FPGA and multiple CPUs inside, power cycle the darn think just the way you do with your TV, cable box or computer.

Then PARTY ON!

Mr. Sanity - K6BRN

4. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

Contact Matt at the Icom Service Center in Michigan. tel( 269)429-2334. Get the display replaced under warranty. He will also check the heatsinks. Then you can party on.

John K7FD

K9ASE likes this.
  5. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its already with ICOM, replacement display installed and is being tested, and the whole radio is getting looked at and tuned and so on. Spoke with them today, should be on the way back next week. Can't wait. This ic-7300 back up radio is a good lil radio , but its not a 7610. Fingers crossed