ad: elecraft

ICOM IC-7610 issues

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by K6VOX, Jul 10, 2019 at 5:07 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have read a few forums and groups posts of Display issues as well as the heat sink thing. But has anyone had the display issue and ICOM has fixed it? I run low display lighting as I don't like bright displays, also have the screen sleep mode turned to 15 min
    I have tried a few times to contact, email and such, actually got the service manager on the phone and was told to call in a month to check if the new replacement displays are available. I bought mine May/2019, issue started in under a month and I am not seeing much from ICOM on fixing this. I called and left a VM and still havent heard back, this was one month after my original phone call to them.

Also has anyone else with an IC-7610 had any audio issues? I have seen this more than a few times where the ALC just stops working on the meter. Factory reset a number of time sometimes it works others it does not, anyone else?

My 7610 does fall in the S/N's that icom published a tech bulletin for the heat sinks popping off or falling off completely. and I have not checked yet.

Attached Files:

2. KN6CLP

KN6CLP Ham Member QRZ Page

Oy, and the 7610 was on my shortlist.

Hope you get things squared away and ICOM comes through.