Icom IC-7610 is almost here

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Jul 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well it's finally here. Saw it today on HRO for $3895.00, that's a hundred bucks cheaper than the competition. Four grand is about where I expected this radio to come in at and considering what it is that's not a bad price. Remember what the FT-5000d cost when it hit the market? So I'm kind of stoked and looking forward to putting one of these new toys on my desk.:)

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope everyone that wants one can swing a way to get one and have fun with it. I am just going to be a hold out and keep my 7600.
    :)
    I don't want to fork out the $$ and I don't think it will do much for me.

3. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Given the advertised introductory prices that have been posted, I will predict that the IC-7610 will sell better than the IC-7600 but not as well as the Icom 756 PRO. III

4. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats two 7300s and an elecraft transverter with money left over for scotch and cigars.

K1OIK likes this.
  5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup. About what I figured, and way more than I'd pay for it. Not saying it's not worth it, just "not worth it to me." My FT-990 actually works fine and if I updated to a modern rig I'd probably go 7300.

K1OIK likes this.
  6. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i replaced my Ft-990 with the 7300. I started buying all the pieces and parts to make the 990 do what I wanted it to do and was over half-way to the 7300 so decided to just pull the trigger. I miss the 990 though - I need a reason to put it back into production.

7. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The FT-990 is a great rig, but no 6m. I have an FT-620B for six and just bought a Ten-Tec 415 amp which should give me 100W there.

I suspect whatever 2m and 440 I do henceforth will mostly be portable. I can't put up a decent antenna for SSB/CW/simplex digital modes on those bands here, and FM repeaters just don't have any appeal anymore even if they are active, what with the age of the cell phone. I think an 817nd would suit me better for a shack in a box. Combined with the Ten-Tec 415 amp that would give me 100W on 6m with a more modern radio than the 620B, and FM if I wanted, 100W on all lower bands (well, down to 160, not the new MF and LF ones) with the 990, and a portable multi-mode for the upper bands.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM
  8. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

just got the call from HRO to pay for my reserved 7610 - I pulled the trigger so should have the 7610 by mid-december. Looking forward to putting it side by side with the 7300 and see if it's worth the price. If not, it will be up for sale. If so, the 7300 will be on the market :)

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Database Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm waiting for the $300 price drop... :D After Christmas.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to an honest comparison. In any case, the price is not really that high. I paid almost $3900.00 for my IC-7600 when it was new so I don't get all of the anguish for the cheap skates who seem to think that Icom should just give these away. I know you are going to like the rig, congratulations and enjoy it.